Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't get paid the most, but I have a nice shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010 | 01:44 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

my shop is 40' X 60' and it would be impossible for me to air condition also. that's why they invented spring and fall, and coveralls for the winter. it looks you've got it set up quite well. one small reminder, don't ever take the time to count up the pistons you're supporting, it can be pretty scary.

Old 07-30-2010 | 04:49 AM
Surgjr
Cruiser

Sweeeeet!!!1

Old 07-30-2010 | 05:23 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member

sweet gig

Old 07-30-2010 | 05:53 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jinks
Nice golf cart & mud hopper. Ya might want to get a motorcycle........
LMAO....you took the words right out of my mouth..Nice shop!!!

Old 07-30-2010 | 06:16 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

Sweet looks great but could you please post bigger pics?

Old 07-30-2010 | 04:40 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Hi Texas, I really like your shop-- well laid out and that lift is killer. I do have a comment about your lifting points though.

I see 2 chain falls hanging off horizontal beams. Do businesses have to certify lifting points for Safe Working Load limits in the USA?

Here in Aussie "Worksafe" legislation requires working businesses to certify lift points for SWL by certified load testing.
I.E. If your chain falls are rated at 1 ton, the falls and support beams, pad eyes, slings, chains etc used to lift any load would have to sustain a 1.25T load without any slippage or cracking of welds assisting to support the load.

"Worksafe" authorities make un-announced visits to businesses, workshops, etc for safety inspections here in Victoria and will issue "improvement notices" for compliance.

Good for overall safety, but all that comes at a price being increased prices to consumers.
Workplace injuries comes at a higher price to taxpayers to care for injured workers though.

Old 07-30-2010 | 04:57 PM
xdanman
Tourer
Default re

The only thing better than a nice shop like that, is a a nice clean shop like that. Dude, that is killer.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:43 PM
Texas Rapier
|
Road Warrior

Hi Texas, I really like your shop-- well laid out and that lift is killer. I do have a comment about your lifting points though.

I see 2 chain falls hanging off horizontal beams. Do businesses have to certify lifting points for Safe Working Load limits in the USA?

Here in Aussie "Worksafe" legislation requires working businesses to certify lift points for SWL by certified load testing.
I.E. If your chain falls are rated at 1 ton, the falls and support beams, pad eyes, slings, chains etc used to lift any load would have to sustain a 1.25T load without any slippage or cracking of welds assisting to support the load.

"Worksafe" authorities make un-announced visits to businesses, workshops, etc for safety inspections here in Victoria and will issue "improvement notices" for compliance.

Good for overall safety, but all that comes at a price being increased prices to consumers.
Workplace injuries comes at a higher price to taxpayers to care for injured workers though.
In the US we have a similar (Government Organization) OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) They have pretty much requirements for everything. There requirements are lifting equipment is 150% of rated load. A one ton lifting device would have to be tested at 3,000 pound.

However, we fall under the minimum requirements our max lift is under 400 pounds.

The U.S. also requires all businesses to a carry Insurances called workman compensation which is in place to cover employees injured on the job.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:57 PM
WI Bob
Road Master

Hey Texas R,

Really nice shop.
I will box up some Wisconsin outside air in January and send it to you. Not to be opened in your shop until June-July. That'll cool it down.
Bob

Old 08-01-2010 | 05:35 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

In the US we have a similar (Government Organization) OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) They have pretty much requirements for everything. There requirements are lifting equipment is 150% of rated load. A one ton lifting device would have to be tested at 3,000 pound.

However, we fall under the minimum requirements our max lift is under 400 pounds.

The U.S. also requires all businesses to a carry Insurances called workman compensation which is in place to cover employees injured on the job.

Hey Texas, thanks for the info-- I find the similarities interesting between our authorities. We too have workmans comp insurance requirements.
As for lifting we have no minimum (that I am aware of) I think if we lift it it has to be certified fit for purpose.

Anyway, great shop--and clean as a whistle.... I'm envious! Take Care.

Quick Reply: I don't get paid the most, but I have a nice shop