Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flames on a Black '09 FLHRC

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:15 PM
DrQ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno I like 'em been thinking about getting them for over a year. Skulls, not so much. But to each thier own.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DamifIknow
I modeled my flame job for that site as well.. I went with the marbled look. Its in my sig and in my profile pictures. Check it out. A guy in Plaindifeld IL did it all for $1100.00
Now that is one good looking set of flames. Not in your face...nice and suttle. Price was right too!!
I like the 'old school' multi-color flame jobs on old cars, but they seem to take away the lines of a bike...even a 'bagger'.

Last edited by FXSTS-88; 07-20-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:35 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had four different bikes with flames. I prefer the "old school" flames that are on my current ride, and in my SIG. Some folks love em, and like I read above, some hate em. It's your scoot, figure out what blows YOUR skirt up, and "go for it." There's plenty of places to find em.... But make sure that's what you really want, cause they can get old FAST if it's not. I had one set completely painted and ready to put the engine and trans back in and I realized I couldn't live with those "Flames". Stripped it, and started all over again. You'll know when you see it if it's something you really want. Let us know.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by DrQ
DamifIknow-Sweet ride! $1100 for the whole bike! It's gonna cost me $1200 for the front fender tank and side panels-other quotes were $17-$1800.
If you are anywhere near the chicago area you gotta check out my guy.He painted the whole bike black, masked off flames, marbled flames in silver, higlighted the flame edge in red, red candy over the whole thing and 8 or 9 coats of clear. All the parts with the exception of the rear fender. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you his number.

Last edited by DamifIknow; 07-20-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by FXSTS-88
Now that is one good looking set of flames. Not in your face...nice and suttle. Price was right too!!
I like the 'old school' multi-color flame jobs on old cars, but they seem to take away the lines of a bike...even a 'bagger'.
Thanks Greatly appreciated. You cant really even see it unless the sun hits it. I love it.

HD Forum member QHOG also has an awesome flame job on his bike

Attached Thumbnails Flames on a Black '09 FLHRC-dsc01548.jpg  

Last edited by DamifIknow; 07-20-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Buddy rides an 09 RKC in silver. I could see some "ghost flames" on there. True flames, and even classic flames are way too common. I guess if I were to do flames ...ghosted flames would be it. Kind of like the Harley edition ford trucks. In candy blue or candy red maybe? A sweet pinstripe job would look great on a RKC (IMO). Just not a lot of paintable body work on a RKC like most of the other baggers.

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 07-20-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
phrogflyer
Road Master
Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 AM
DrQ
Road Master

Originally Posted by DamifIknow
If you are anywhere near the chicago area you gotta check out my guy.He painted the whole bike black, masked off flames, marbled flames in silver, higlighted the flame edge in red, red candy over the whole thing and 8 or 9 coats of clear. All the parts with the exception of the rear fender. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you his number.
I'm all the way by the IL/WI border-I work in Racine.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:04 PM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by DrQ
I'm having somebody local do it. ACP's site was awesome because it had about a thousand different kinds of flames.

DRQ have long enjoyed flames on bikes but here is a suggestion just as important as getting a good painter. Do yourself a favor and check out "House of Kolors" website. The paints that they make today are incredible. They take pearls, translucents, flakes to a whole new level. They have a paint which I recently used that’s called Kameleon Pearl. Very drastic change of paint color.
Hope all goes well for you

http://www.houseofkolor.com/

Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Lord Albany
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flames rock.

Quick Reply: Flames on a Black '09 FLHRC