Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightstick question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:31 PM
davehtutk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightstick question

I just bought a se night stick slip on from ebay. I am just wondering from guys who have put there own on was the muffler see through? I can look straight through it it's not like my sporty se slip-ons
Thanks just don't want to mess up the engine

Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Well, I never tried to look through it,, but I don't suppose you can see all the way through, it should have discs on the end... *Unless it has the open end cap I guess.

But, it's a muffler made by Super Trapp, and the Discs on the end do the "Muffling" So I guess yes, if you have the open end cap, you'll be able to see through it.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

My wifes has a chrome cap in the middle. You can't see into the muffler.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you have the open cap on it. It's gonna be a bit louder set-up like that but you can change the end cap, try supertrapp website for all the tuning info you need on that type of pipe, they have a forum section with lots of info.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Yea, if you have the open end cap I'd love to know how it sounds. I would like a little more noise. I think I'll gut the CAT then see how mine sounds. After that I'll experiment with the end caps and discs.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
Yea, if you have the open end cap I'd love to know how it sounds. I would like a little more noise. I think I'll gut the CAT then see how mine sounds. After that I'll experiment with the end caps and discs.
recently put a jackpot 2/1 on mine w/nightstick,it's a lot louder without the cat. actually took a couple discs out to quiet it a little and put back a little of the backpressure the cat provided. I'm not big on loud pipes anymore, nowadays I'd rather not attract attention.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, if you shine a flashlight in the open end it is a hollow tube. The discs are what does the baffling. It comes with 10 discs. An open end cap is equal to 10 discs. if you want it louder remove all the discs and put on an open end cap. Or, remove the closed end cap and leave the discs on. I heard one a couple of days ago with an open end cap and it sounded pretty good.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:54 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

the fatshotz muffler has an open hole in it.looks like a nightstick but its a 2 into 2 muffler.the nitestick is closed .sounds like your nitestick u bought is missing the discs or maybe it is a fatshotz muffler

Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by speedwaysteve
the fatshotz muffler has an open hole in it.looks like a nightstick but its a 2 into 2 muffler.the nitestick is closed .sounds like your nitestick u bought is missing the discs or maybe it is a fatshotz muffler
Steve,,, if you read the posts above you'd know that there is choice of end caps. Open or Closed...... Super Trapp makes this muffler and their parts work on it. http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...acc/access.asp

Besides, the Nightstick says Screaming Eagle Right on it!

Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 PM
davehtutk
Cruiser

Thanks for the input, took it for a ride with my wife. It was getting dusk but felt like it cooled off the bike a bit and sounds much deeper. When you get into the gas it really opens up but at cruising it's not to loud. I think guys are right the guy I bought it from took off the end cap. No issues with the excessive cracking or odd idle. Works great so far. This is just a temp part when I redeploy I'll get true duals

Quick Reply: Nightstick question