Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide/Touring Highway Pegs who got what and why

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010 | 08:00 PM
Wonderbob
|
Tourer
Default Street Glide/Touring Highway Pegs who got what and why

I just installed a set of HD highway pegs with the 360 degree brackets. So far seems good, took a little too long to find the best position. Just curious, is there a better set up for pegs on the stock engine guard? What are others using? Does any body have any set up or positioning ideas, rules of thumb etc.

Any input is as always appreciated!

Old 07-18-2010 | 08:42 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

I've got the same as you, the only thing I make sure of is to keep them high enough so that I can get to the shifter and front brake pedal without them being in the way.

Old 07-18-2010 | 08:48 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

All depends on the rider and how tall you are.

I see a lot of guys with their highway pegs mounted up high. For me the best position is down low just above the bend on the engine guard angled in just a bit.

I can rest my heels on the floorboards and put the ***** of my feet on the highway pegs. I can also stretch out and just use the pegs.

I used the billet mount with streamliner pegs to match the rest.

Old 07-18-2010 | 08:50 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I've got the same as you, the only thing I make sure of is to keep them high enough so that I can get to the shifter and front brake pedal without them being in the way.
Mounted mine the same way with the 360 mount kit. They are high enough to be out of the way, yet can relaxingly reach them when riding.

Old 07-18-2010 | 09:06 PM
Wonderbob
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by jasnusc
All depends on the rider and how tall you are.

I see a lot of guys with their highway pegs mounted up high. For me the best position is down low just above the bend on the engine guard angled in just a bit.

I can rest my heels on the floorboards and put the ***** of my feet on the highway pegs. I can also stretch out and just use the pegs.

I used the billet mount with streamliner pegs to match the rest.
That sounds like a good set up. I put mine up high with about half the peg hanging out past the engine guard. But as others have said this forces you to have them high enough up to get out of the way of the break lever. I might just try your set up. Im 5' 10" with 31 inch inseam how about you?

Old 07-18-2010 | 09:25 PM
Chucky
Cruiser

I am about your size and inseam and have the same setup. Just switched mine around like Texas Fatboy's (see his pics), so that the round part of the mount is faciing forward. Puts them out a little further, but you can angle in more and keep low. I can still rest my heals on the floorboards and the ***** of my feet on the pegs. Put it up on the jack to do the adjustments.

Old 07-18-2010 | 10:10 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member

Mounted mine the same way and dicked with them for about a month before I got them set juuuuuuuuust right.

Old 07-18-2010 | 11:29 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

If you're like many of us, you'll probably need to make several adjustments over a period of several rides before you're really happy. I've got the Kury longhorn mounts to clear my fairing lowers. I've also got them down kinda low and angled in, so that I can rest my heels on the footboards if I want to, or just stretch my legs out and put my feet up on the pegs.

Old 07-19-2010 | 12:32 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wonderbob
That sounds like a good set up. I put mine up high with about half the peg hanging out past the engine guard. But as others have said this forces you to have them high enough up to get out of the way of the break lever. I might just try your set up. Im 5' 10" with 31 inch inseam how about you?
Im 6'1" and it works perfect for me. Just make sure they arent so low that they drag before your floorboards do.

Like others have said you will mess with them a little over a few rides until they are perfect.

Old 07-19-2010 | 12:41 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I'm a 32" inseam with size 12 W boots and I like mine low so I can use them as "extended floorboards".
I can't stand those mounted high like I see most people have.

These are old pictures from my '08 and I now have them about 1 inch higher than in these pictures. But you'll get the idea.

Here they are now:

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 07-19-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Street Glide/Touring Highway Pegs who got what and why