Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani VS Bub7 VS Samson True duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bassani VS Bub7 VS Samson True duals

I would like to buy true duals headers and these are the brands that make what im looking for (true duals for 2009 with classic look, 1 pipe per side).

dont know wich one has better quality and better fit so I would like to read some opinions from users.

Thank you

Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Solitario
Tourer

nobody?

right now I have to choose between bassani true duals headers and bub7 true duals headers. wich one has better qualitty/finish

thank you

Old 07-21-2010, 06:22 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

just my .02, these things are expensive, so it's going to be difficult to find someone who has tried more than one brand. and most people will say the ones they got are the best.

my OPINION means very little but here it is... based on some Samson slip ons I had, I would put those 3rd on your list. I have heard nothing but good things about the bub 7's, and based on that I have a set in my garage to put on the bike, but they are still in the box. I did come to find out tho that the 7's use a larger diameter pipe, just like the Rhinharts did, so only bub 7 mufflers will work. based on everything I read the Bassani's are top quality as well. IIRC the Bassani's had that 'loop' off of the back cylinder to keep the pipe lengths equal? I didn't got that route because of that, but that's just me, I wanted the cleanest look possible in that area.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Solitario
Tourer

thank you. some people told me that bassanis are good pipes in performance but the look of the chrome and the heatshield could be much better. how does bub7 look?

im going to change 09 stock for true dual for the look and sound, performance is not really important to me as I understand there are better bikes for performance, thats why im asking about quality.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:39 AM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I had the BUb 7' s on my 08 RKC and the fit and finish are first rate. In the past I have had Rineharts TD system as well and the fit and finish is good, but not as good as the BUB's IMO. The BuB's perform very well for a TD system at least compared to the Rineharts I had at one time. I'm a exhaust freak and now have a Vance and Hines Pro Pipe Chrome on my bike. The BUB's where so good that I really did not gain much torque by going with a 2 into 1 as I thought I would. I currently have both and I may switch back to the BuB 7's TD and sell the new Pro Pipe... not sure yet... I have to try a few more maps to make sure it's properly tuned with the Pro Pipe before I make my final judgement on the performance.

BTW...One thing I did not like about the BUB's is that pretty loud when you romp on it. Not loud on the freeway or at idle, if you like that kind of thing.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Solitario
Tourer

thank you Steve, im going to buy bub7 but just the true dual head pipes, I will use my kerker by supertrapp mufflers wich are not very loud but have a nice deep rumble. this mufflers are one of the best in performance an torque and I think it can be a great combo. I think that all mufflers get louder when installed with true duals vs stock mufflers righ?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Solitario
thank you Steve, im going to buy bub7 but just the true dual head pipes, I will use my kerker by supertrapp mufflers wich are not very loud but have a nice deep rumble. this mufflers are one of the best in performance an torque and I think it can be a great combo. I think that all mufflers get louder when installed with true duals vs stock mufflers righ?
None of my business if it's what you want but make sure they fit 09 models 100%. Like I wrote before, the 09 left side cover is not the same as on the 08. There's no indentation for the left header to run alongside the cover. I doubt BUB completely redesigned its headers to fit 09 and 10 bikes when almost every owner goes with a header crossing over to the left side under the frame, but maybe they did, I dunno.
Have you found someone using them on an 09 or a 10?
I'm just saying.
Yes, all slip-ons get louder with true duals.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Solitario
Tourer

hello frenchbiker, good to see you again.

There's one guy in the forum that has a 2010 with bub, I sent him a pm with some questions, he posted some pics and it looks fine to me, maybe bub true duals have a diferent shappe than others.

in this post you can see some pictures https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post7030198
I know vH true duals are really good pipes but i would like to have the classic look, the new 2009 headers shape dosent look good to me ina a rk but in the other hand they look GREAT on electras. I think everybike has a diferent soul and you have to keep that soul alive adding the correct accesories.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Solitario
Tourer

btw I sent an email to bub7 and they sent me the install instructions pdf for 2009 bikes, the instructions are only for 2009 models so I guess they made changes in headers from previous years

Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

hello frenchbiker, good to see you again.

There's one guy in the forum that has a 2010 with bub, I sent him a pm with some questions, he posted some pics and it looks fine to me, maybe bub true duals have a diferent shappe than others.

in this post you can see some pictures https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post7030198
I know vH true duals are really good pipes but i would like to have the classic look, the new 2009 headers shape dosent look good to me ina a rk but in the other hand they look GREAT on electras. I think everybike has a diferent soul and you have to keep that soul alive adding the correct accesories.
Looks like the BUB headers for 09 have been modified and do fit, which is good news. I wasn't trying to sway you over the V&H Dresser Duals because they look very different than the BUBs and I know that's not what you were after.
I understand your point regarding RK vs. EGs and the fact that they have different personalities and looks.
You'll love the drop of temperature and the louder sound of your slip-ons.
Keep us posted after you've installed them.

Quick Reply: Bassani VS Bub7 VS Samson True duals