Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Road King Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 PM
pureoper
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Road King Comfort

Hello,I Just bought a 2010 RK after riding a dyna super glide custom for 3 years.I had put several hundred$ into it to make it comfortable,i could go as far as i wanted before i had to stop. I have only put 150 miles on the RK so far and other than the unbelievable better ride i find the seat and handlebars very uncomfortable.What i would like to know is maybe the seat will break in and be more comfy (it feels like theres a hump from side to side right accross the middle of my but) and would the Heritage like bars for the RK make it more comfortable? What are your experiances and what recomendations can you give me.I love the look of the seat and would hate to buy another one.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 PM
primdl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put the Heritage bars on, and Sundowner seat. Great combo! Unfortunately, I sold it today, and looking to buy a Limited. Hope I like it as much

Old 07-16-2010, 05:32 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I actually like the comfort of the stock 09' RK seat. I believe it hasn't changed for 10'. I too have considered the Heritage type bars for more comfort. I sometimes get a pain in my shoulders after riding all day. Great choice in bike!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Surgjr
Cruiser

Sundowner seat is great

Old 07-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I too have a new 2010 RK. I know what you are talking about with the feeling like theres a hump accross the seat. I have 800 miles on mine and it's feeling better the more I ride it. I like the stock RK seat better than I do a Sundowner. I put a Sundowner on my wifes 2010 SG Trike. It was not good for her. We took it off and bought her a Super Mustang Touring Seat with Rider backrest. (Great Seat) I sold the Sundowner to a Forum Member. I'm considering the Bars also. Let me know what you decide. I'm thinking a little higher and back a couple of inches. Give the seat a little more riding time. I think it will feel better!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:17 AM
gwvulcan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The heritage bars make a world of difference and they are simple cheap swap. I don't mind the seat at all, I think it is pretty good for a stock seat. Remember swapping bars will likely change your seating position and vice versa, so I would only swap one thing at time to figure out what makes you more comfortable. BTW, since the heritage bars have been on I don't have anymore shoulder pain!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:10 AM
skdvr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2005 Road King that has Heritage bars and a Mustang seat with Driver backrest and I love it. Now this is the first Harley I have owned and I have had it a really long time now (like 4 days). All I had ridden before was sport bikes so I feel like I am sitting on the sofa going down the Hwy. Sure feels comfy to me...

Here is a pic with the backrest installed.

Now the one thing that I will say about it is that I feel like I sit up higher than on the stock seat of other bikes I test rode, and the only thing that I do not like about that is that with the windshield on and sitting up straight I am looking just barely under the top of the windshield. Maybe I just did not notice it on the other bikes I rode because I was not riding them a long way, but it does bug me a little. Maybe I will get use to it.

So take that for what its worth coming from someone that is totally new to Harley's and has been riding his for 4 days.

Phil

Old 07-16-2010, 07:34 AM
feezy
Cruiser

I've got heritage bars on mine and love it!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:25 AM
threeten
Tourer

Originally Posted by feezy
I've got heritage bars on mine and love it!

I also like the Heritage bars. They are a cheap fix at $45 or so.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM
cjairplane
Cruiser

Do a search on bars...I have read a ton about Heritage and Wild Ones 5018's. I prefer the WO's because they are chrome. HD bars are typically not, just polished. You will find as many opinions for the heritage bars and the WO's, but the heritage bars are much cheaper. You've got to pick something, because the stockers are pretty rough. I've never met anybody who is happy with them. Good luck!

Quick Reply: New Road King Comfort