Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Road King Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:50 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added the heritage style bars and had the seat customized. The stock seat and bars do suck.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lonur1
I'm selling my Dyna Superglide Custom tomorrow. I too want to get into a RK. Is the ride much better on a RK?
Well, I went from this:

To this:

And I have never looked back.! I love the ride of the RK compared to the Dyna. My only regret is that I didn't buy the RK sooner and put the $ I put into my LR into the King!

Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WildBillAce2
Added the heritage style bars and had the seat customized. The stock seat and bars do suck.
Do you have a part# for the Heritage bars you used? I'm looking at doing the same on my new RK. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Do you have a part# for the Heritage bars you used? I'm looking at doing the same on my new RK. Thanks!
I love the color of your King. What color is it?

Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you decide you want to do something about the seat contact Allen at www.meancitycycles.com and he has very affordable options. You can get gel or gel with memory foam put in your seat. I will be sending mine off soon unless I find a great deal on a Mustang Regal seat.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:54 AM
rok312
Tourer

Originally Posted by JakeInMa
Well, I went from this:

To this:

And I have never looked back.! I love the ride of the RK compared to the Dyna. My only regret is that I didn't buy the RK sooner and put the $ I put into my LR into the King!
I just made the exact same transition this month with the same results and retrospect.

I put on Wild1 12.5 mini apes last week and couldn't be happier. I've never been more comfortable on a bike...even with the stock seat (although I'm ignorant to how much better an aftermarket seat might be).

Old 07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
883 IRON
Tourer

I just traded by Super Glide custom for a '10 RKC 2 weeks ago. Just got back from a 1700 mile ride down the pacific coast hwy, stock seat=a$$+ leg pain, stock bars=shoulder pain. I had comfort issues with the dyna too but made it very comfortable by putting forward controls on it a decent seat and risers on the bars. I'm encouraged that I can make the King more comfortable with some changes, but agree with the other poster about changing one thing at a time. Oddly enough, the seat won't be the first to go, it isn't as broke as the handlebars (which ironically are the same bars that came on my fxdc). Dealership said they change out more RK bars than any other bike, they recommend the heritage bar too.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:00 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah I went from my 2000FXDWG...Which I had finally gotten it to as comfty as it gets
TO . I have replaced the seat with a Mustang and just did the whole skull collection(took alot off of my wg) and next week I am doing python 3 1/2 slip ons and am going to do either 10 1/2 or 12 mini apes and braided lines too. My shoulder pain is pretty bad.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Heritage or Reduced Reach bars - both seemed very similar to me. Check those out. Seats are very individual, so what's comfortable to me could be aweful for the next person. You just have to experiment with seats unfortunately. My stock RK seat is great. I've done multiple days of 13 hrs each on big road trips with no prob on the stock seat. Other people couldnt make it an hour on same seat.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Bike looks kinda familiar.

Sundowner seat and hearitage style bars plus much more.

Quick Reply: New Road King Comfort