Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield scratches

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

removing the light scratches from your windshield can be easy or difficult. without knowing whether you have a stock hard coated harley windshield or a regular shield without the coating makes the difference. i am using a long ride shield and the scratches can be buffed out easily because it doesn't have that hard coating. i use harley scratch and swirl remover. it has enough abrasive to polish out the minor scratches but not enough to where it digs into the plastic too deep. after you remove the scratches it's best to wax your shield so the raindrops will fly off. i've found through the years that happich semichrome also polishes plastic quite well, but the scratch and swirl remover would likely be safer if you have no experience with polishing plastic. if it's a hard coated shield though, you're kind of stuck with what you got. hope this helps. remember if it's a stock harley shield to not use any windex or cleaner that contains ammonia cause that harms the hard coating. i have a friend who needs me to replace his road king windshield cause he used windex or another ammonia type cleaner on his windshield. glass plus is a better alternative and contains no ammonia.