Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kentucky exhaust noise enforcement

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Kentucky you are talking about.... people drive around in pickups and are named Bubba.. you'll be fine!

Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Dalbergia
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldandbusted
If you have the time, get off the highway in Kentucky and take the long way, its a beautiful state
I'll be taking a few Sundays to ride down and cruise around down there. This trip actually has a purpose, and I can't take too much time off (there are only two of us in the shop full time).

Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Dalbergia
Tourer

Originally Posted by rick-e-b
I have ridden from Tennessee to Ohio and back many times both on I-75 and the back way on Hwy 23 on the eastern border. I have Vance & Hines long shots and never had a problem with Kentucky law. Now Virginia that is different. Hwy 23 thru Scott County Virginia enforces every law strictly. They will fine 58 in a 55mph zone, ask me how I know. Also they cite you $90 bucks for aftermarket exhaust. I also got a warning citation for having green led lights under my gas tank. I have a neighbor who got cited for having tinted windows in his car. Stay out of Scott County Virginia!
Thanks for the KY part. I'm avoiding VA, as my ex-wife and her family are from there (Buckingham County, more or less in the middle of the state), so I have reason to avoid it outside of the attitudinal LEOs there.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Dalbergia
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Probably need to worry more about getting run over by a cager in Atlanta Ga. than loud pipes.
The cagers in Columbus are pretty awful, too, but thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:41 AM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Default But we wear SHOES... sometimes!!

Originally Posted by scarygt
This is Kentucky you are talking about.... people drive around in pickups and are named Bubba.. you'll be fine!

It's always funny how people who don't know, claim to know. I don't know of a single person here named Bubba. The press has exploited the persona of Kentuckians being barefooted and tooth-less. Not True !! We have a beautiful state and numerous Good Looking Ladies. What we native born Ky Boys say is " If you don't like the way we are or the way we do things... Then stay on your side of the river, we won't miss you a bit!!"