Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Circulator Seat Pads work pretty well (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default HD Circulator Seat Pads work pretty well (w/pics)

I bought the HD Circulator Seat Pads to try and cool my *** down.
I must say, I rode 210 miles Sunday in 100 degree heat and this thing worked pretty well.

and here's a plus:
We stopped for lunch and we all parked under two trees to be in the shade. When we came back out, of course about half of the bikes were now sitting in the sun, mine included. When I sat down, the seat was warm (it was 100 degrees out) but it wasn’t burning like if it had just been the seat in the sun.

I bought the medium size (14 ½” wide) because I had to order it and wasn’t sure how it was gonna fit. But it fits pretty well on my Road Glide seat. If I did it again I would go ahead and buy the Large size (16” wide).

I’d say these seat pads are worth a try, if your *** is burning. I also wear compression shorts, they help a lot also.

They are held on by this elastic strap in the front, that slides over the nose of the seat.
You do not have to remove the seat to put on or take off.

Middle Size: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Large Size: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A friend told me that a good trick to keep the seat cool is to take it off and go to the local Autozone and buy this heat reflective mat that is adhesive on one side. Cut it to fit the underside of the seat and stick it on. Install the seat and start riding cool. The reflective mat blocks the heat from rising up the seat.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by jgcable
A friend told me that a good trick to keep the seat cool is to take it off and go to the local Autozone and buy this heat reflective mat that is adhesive on one side. Cut it to fit the underside of the seat and stick it on. Install the seat and start riding cool. The reflective mat blocks the heat from rising up the seat.
That will help with the engine heat, but I am talking about your *** next to the vinyl/leather covering. It needs some space to breath in these 95 and above degree days. I have no problem when the temps are in the 80s.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM
pinballparker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like the medium fits perfect

Old 07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm not quite as enthusiastic about mine, but they certainly do help.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by '05Train
I'm not quite as enthusiastic about mine, but they certainly do help.
Try some compression shorts too, like the Under Armors. I have been wearing them for over a year if I'm gonna be gone all day riding. There are a lot of brands cheaper than the Under Armors.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've been on the UA bandwagon for years, good stuff, and it definitely helps. I guess I was expecting more airflow from the Circulator pad.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If this will reflect the heat away from the seat, I'm wondering why the frying pan my wife has with a shiny bottom gets hot enough to scramble an egg.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by '05Train
I've been on the UA bandwagon for years, good stuff, and it definitely helps. I guess I was expecting more airflow from the Circulator pad.
I know what you are talking about, I can't feel any air blowing under my *** either, but it did help.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about them being worth the money. They seemed a bit pricey for what they were.

As far as compression shorts, you really have to watch the ones you buy. Name brand like Under Armor do not have seams that run across the middle of your backside. The cheap ones like Wally World sells have seams that run across the middle of your butt and that seam defeats the purpose and makes them not as effective.

Quick Reply: HD Circulator Seat Pads work pretty well (w/pics)