Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

107" T-Man or HQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:10 AM
highlanderque
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 107" T-Man or HQ

I'm considering going w/ the T-Man 107 or HQ 107. However, I'm not sure of a local indy in OK that can perform the work for me. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Old 07-13-2010, 08:35 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

If you're even remotely mechanically inclined, do it yourself. It isn't hard.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM
harry.b
Tourer

I went with HQ because of their reputation. Wait time for HQ is about two months on the head porting. They have a board that you can join and ask questions and a phone number at protwin.com now. When I get the kit and heads in three weeks I will report back.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am considering both T-man and HQ also for a 107 build this winter. I am leaning toward T-man after visiting HQ's website and seeing that he would rather play than work, which is fine, because I would also, but I dont want the turn around time on the heads determined by the weather.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at most everyone out there that puts a kit together (to the point that springs were poppin out of my head!) and in the end went with Steve at GMR. Reasons being he was accessible and returned calls quickly, was very helpful and discussed what I wanted to accomplish, riding style etc., offered his advice and didn't try to sell me stuff I wouldn't need (that's not saying those you've spoken to would). Got it done quickly (had heads/cyls available) and I'm more than satisfied with the result. As long as you're in the still lookin stage, I'd consider them as they all price out pretty close,

Old 07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
harry.b
Tourer

Ouch! That summer statement wasn't there when I ordered mine.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWhitedogg
I am considering both T-man and HQ also for a 107 build this winter. I am leaning toward T-man after visiting HQ's website and seeing that he would rather play than work, which is fine, because I would also, but I dont want the turn around time on the heads determined by the weather.
Turnaround time for retail customers is much shorter. Just contact HQ's exclusive retail source, Kevin Baxter @ Pro Twin Performance:

http://protwin.com/index.aspx

Doug's been turning around heads for Pro Twin retail customers in about two weeks from receipt to shipment.

Carl

Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Looks like it will be a longer wait. I ordered thru protwin because it's great everything you need package thru them with a proven name. That statement wasn't there when I made my order either. My 8 weeks is the end of this week and I haven't heard anything. Will be very dissappointed if it takes much longer than advertised. HQ's a good product but looks like that statement will send business elsewhere. Probably not good news for protwin.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:11 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've installed many of both HQ & TMan 107 kits (as well as many other sizes of each).

Both are great and you'll be happy with either one, after proper installation & tune.

They have different strategies on how & where they make power. Both make for great rides.

There are a few more 107" options from TMan (Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4) than HQ (Sport Touring), but that may or may not matter to everyone.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Turnaround time for retail customers is much shorter. Just contact HQ's exclusive retail source, Kevin Baxter @ Pro Twin Performance:

http://protwin.com/index.aspx

Doug's been turning around heads for Pro Twin retail customers in about two weeks from receipt to shipment.

Carl
Not sure where you got that info but it took me 9 weeks to get everything for my 103". The turnaround time on the site last winter when I ordered it was 4 weeks. In fairness to Doug and Kevin however the biggest hold up was the piston manufacturer who got behind on his shipment to them.

But since the heads ship first to Kevin, then to Doug for porting then Back to Kevin to pack up the rest of the parts and then back to the customer I doubt anybody is seeing a 2 week turn around.

After all the waiting though I can say the build went together very smoothly and I couldn't be more impressed with the way the bike runs.

Quick Reply: 107" T-Man or HQ