Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4-point Docking Kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 4-point Docking Kit ?

Recently installed 4-pt docking hardware kit on my 2009 EGC. Agree w/other comments re: instructions not very clear. Question is does the chrome rear frame extension cover stay on under the 4-point brackets? I can't see how it could - not enough holes for bolts, but the instructions don't say remove it. I left mine off... just installed the brackets. Thanks for help.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Step 1 of the instructions is to remove the screw holding the rear of the chrome cover in place. Just the screw. The cover stays on the bike.

There are 3 screws holding the docking assembly to the bike. 2 go in the holes that your tourpak mount was bolted to. (If I recall correctly) The third goes in the hole you should have removed the screw from in step 1.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser

You are correct about removing the one screw. I had to take the covers off to remove the rigid tour pak mount. I'll go back and take a look at where the hole locations are. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's good to know. I haven't mounted my 4 point docking hardware yet.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Took about 10 - 15 mins tops, start to finish to mount mine. Just remove the one bolt, then add the bracket and bolt on. Put the bag back on and ready to go -

Old 08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BigMike17
Took about 10 - 15 mins tops, start to finish to mount mine. Just remove the one bolt, then add the bracket and bolt on. Put the bag back on and ready to go -
I must be missing something... I went back this weekend to look at my installation and unless I'm trying to bolt the bracket to the wrong holes, the chrome side covers obscure all but the front hole...

Can anyone send a photo of this??? Thanks.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Ok so you went from rigid mount tour pak to a detachable mount? The rigid mount tour pak like on EGC and Ultra have different chrome strut covers. If your trying to mount detachable mount you either need to drill couple holes in your existing strut covers or buy some Street Glide chrome strut covers. If you buy the entire detachable tour pak conversion kit new strut covers are included. Strut covers are 47502-09 & 47504-09.

Last edited by acchd; 08-03-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser

Originally Posted by acchd
Ok so you went from rigid mount tour pak to a detachable mount? The rigid mount tour pak like on EGC and Ultra have different chrome strut covers. If your trying to mount detachable mount you either need to drill couple holes in your existing strut covers or buy some Street Glide chrome strut covers. If you buy the entire detachable tour pak conversion kit new strut covers are included. Strut covers are 47502-09 & 47504-09.

Ahhhh... there's the answer - I did go from rigid tour pak mount to detachable, didn't buy the entire kit, just the 4-point and the tour pak mount. So, I'm missing the side covers that have the extra holes! Was driving me crazy.

Thanks acchd.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I did some work on a friend of mines truck!!!
He bought me the total kit for my time !!!

loooks sweeet without tour pack!!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I just took the chrome covers off also. They are kind of down where you don't see much of anything anyway. I have them stored where they don't get scratched in case I want to undo the whole shebang someday.

Quick Reply: 4-point Docking Kit ?