Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Price for a HD Hard Tour Pack for my RK?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Red Road King
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Best Price for a HD Hard Tour Pack for my RK?

Where can I get the best price on an HD Hard Tour Pack for my RK? I'm looking for a new single color Sierra Red tour pack ready to mount on my '0Road King Classic. My wife wants the wrap around back rest like the Electraglide.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts
Default RE: Best Price for a HD Hard Tour Pack for my RK?

Zanotti.

probably right around 6 bills

Backrest... another 2 bills probably

Old 08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Red Road King

Where can I get the best price on an HD Hard Tour Pack for my RK? I'm looking for a new single color Sierra Red tour pack ready to mount on my '0Road King Classic. My wife wants the wrap around back rest like the Electraglide.

Let me know how you make out. I'm interested in the same deal for touring. Ideally, I'd like the quick release, and I'm hoping it will work with the docking hardware I have now for the passenger back rest and luggage rack.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
thrasher
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made the exact same upgrade on my '04 FLHRCI. You'll need to decide whether or not you want the King or the Chopped Tour Pak. Personally, I got the King Tour Pak. I thought the chopped tour pak looked better, but the King tour pak is much more funtional. I can give you the part numbers if you need them. What year / color is your FLHRCI?

At the minimum you'll need:
* color coded Tour Pak (King or Chopped)
* detachable 2-up Tour Pak rack
* detachable 2-up Tour Pak rack docking hardware
(the docking hardware you have for your backrest/luggage rack can stay where it is, but you'll need this extra docking hardware for the Tour Pak)
* misc parts for key lock

thrasher

Old 08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
pk
Tourer

Let me know if you are going to get rid of what you have now. That is an upgrade I wanted to make next year. Thanks.

Paul

Old 08-28-2006, 12:41 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: thrasher

I made the exact same upgrade on my '04 FLHRCI. You'll need to decide whether or not you want the King or the Chopped Tour Pak. Personally, I got the King Tour Pak. I thought the chopped tour pak looked better, but the King tour pak is much more funtional. I can give you the part numbers if you need them. What year / color is your FLHRCI?

(the docking hardware you have for your backrest/luggage rack can stay where it is, but you'll need this extra docking hardware for the Tour Pak)

thrasher
And the backrest, as the full size tour pack is drilled for the wrap backrest you said she wanted, your looking closer to a grand for everything retail, but some dealers offer up to 15% off, so you can save some that way, or watch ebay, nice tour pack go for 400-500 on there but you would probly have to have it painted to match.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 PM
schultz
Tourer

One of these sites I look at (might of been this one ?) they were asking about this and somebody had a link to a place that makes one similar to HD but I think it opened from the back and you can get them in factory colors to match your bike. If I can remember where I saw it I will put the link up or maybe somebody has heard about them or has one.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That site is Custom Cycle Gear. Worth a look. I've just about pulled the trigger on this unit myself...........pretty inexpensive in comparison to the OEM, and with the detachable rack, off it goes when not needed.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:45 PM
thrasher
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: gunrunner
ORIGINAL: thrasher

thrasher
And the backrest, as the full size tour pack is drilled for the wrap backrest you said she wanted, your looking closer to a grand for everything retail, but some dealers offer up to 15% off, so you can save some that way, or watch ebay, nice tour pack go for 400-500 on there but you would probly have to have it painted to match.
Ooops, forgot the backrest.

I'd go through Zanotti's, Chicago HD, Benji's, or Hales. I went through Chicago HD. You should be able to get at least 20% off of MSRP. There are loads of options for the TourPak too.

I went with:
* Premium luggage rack
* Color matched spoiler w/LED brake and running lights
* Tour Pak lid organizer
* King Tour Pak liner
(there are many more options...)

If you have an FLHRCI, you'll realize that the leather bags don't look too great with a painted Tour Pak, so I bought a set of color matched hard bags too (about $700 with locks).

Everything installs easily, with the hardest part being getting the nerve to drill holes in your brand new tour pak. Its cool being able to change everything back to an original FLHRCI look with all the detachables, though.

thrasher

Old 08-28-2006, 03:59 PM
schultz
Tourer

That was it Barney. Thanks

http://www.customcyclegear.com/

Quick Reply: Best Price for a HD Hard Tour Pack for my RK?