Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony or Kenwood Aftermarket Radio????

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you still have most of your hearing,do yourself a favor and listen to some Alpine's before making a final decision.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a kenwood excelon, seems o'k., but man it wasn't cheap. Have the excelon spaekers too, and hooked up some kenwood tweaters as well. First, the radio is complicated, too many features I don't need. The speakers are real nice, but for the $ I could've done better. The tweaters are damn near inaudible. The stereo salesman picked out this package. Do yourself a favor and deaql w/ a mc stereo person like Firecap, pez from hogtunes, the guys at dragonfly etc. Don't listen to the car stereo guys at the local ghetto hangout like I did.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
ears
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a few questions... i really dont know what to get or even where to start. so i figured this thread would be a good place.

1, will any car/ marine head unit work?
2 im lookin for something that i can get serius or xm or something on. so thats gonna be a factor.
3 ive heard that the marine units are just a waste of money, it really doesny matter... true or false. i can definately see where a marine unit would be handy, washes, and goin cross country through a storm or something like that.
4. wheres a good place to buy? i see hogtunes really sells alot of sony equipment which im definately not a fan of. just in my autimotive experience they seem to turn to junk after a short life...

thanks guys

Old 07-14-2010, 11:52 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got a Sony CDXM620, no marine unit, and Focal speakers. I use hawgwired system, wich work for Sony and Pioneer units. The all system work well even when i drive on highways!!
Hope it help

Old 07-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Carisma Audio
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of questions do you plan on adding a amp in the future, what features would you like to add in the future ,like Ipod ,sat ,hd radio consider these when choosing the radio kenwood excelon has a 2 year warranty. and a higher ouput for your possible amp upgrade in the future. I have installed the arc audio kit with exile audio marine speakers and could not ask for anything better, also added Ipod hookup that works with the factory radio thru the aux port feel free to ask questions