Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21N cams and SE 95" install done

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010 | 05:39 AM
akroguy
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default 21N cams and SE 95" install done

After having the bike in pieces for three weeks, I finally got the SE 95" big bore kit and Andrews 21N conversion cam and plate assembly installed. My butt dyno says the bike is much happier! It definitely pulls harder, sounds a wee bit louder and still runs cooler thanks to Jaime at Fuel Moto. The map he sent for this setup works great, with no popping, surging or excessive heat.

While I had the bike up on the lift, I figured I'd tackle the leaking shifter arm shaft seal issue. Had to pull the whole primary, but it wasn't that bad really. Checked the chain, tensioner pad and clutch plates while in there and all look good. The craptastic shifter seal the MoCo puts in there is JUNK!! Put in an SKF seal that is MUCH beefier and fits snugly with no more shaft wobble evident. I also put in Big Boyz valve seals and fully expect no further oil consumption issues from that area. Highly recommended for the 05-06 bikes.

This project did teach me a lot about the engine and that instills confidence in this particular rider.

Summary of the expense and time to do this work is that yes, I'd do it again and no, it doesn't turn the bike into a power monster. If it's brute power you need, this isn't the bike for you. If you like making the best of the engine's potential, then it is very much worthwhile.

Cheers.