Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a replacement heel shifter

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:22 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

why do you even want to replace it???? Its a blessing it got lost... I took mine off and its MUCH better riding... I hated that thing,,, I would send you mine also for shipping but that has been offered here several times...

Ride for awhile with OUT it and you will most likly love it... save your shipping and just ride..

I have done four Fly/ride's and each time, I ride around the block, stop and remove that POS and put it in the saddle bag....

Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
1-sime
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J2X
Did you get the shifter?
Hey J2X.
No i didn't get any replies... no heel shifter so far.

The markup in france on HD parts and bikes is considerable.
A RKC for example starts at 28k$ in France instead of 18k$ in the US. That's 10 grand right there! The same applies to parts.

Hence the huge consumption in France of US sold parts via ebay (and HD forums lol)

Thanks all.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:19 AM
1-sime
6th Gear

Originally Posted by harley0711
why do you even want to replace it???? Its a blessing it got lost... I took mine off and its MUCH better riding... I hated that thing,,, I would send you mine also for shipping but that has been offered here several times...

Ride for awhile with OUT it and you will most likly love it... save your shipping and just ride..

I have done four Fly/ride's and each time, I ride around the block, stop and remove that POS and put it in the saddle bag....
Hey Harley0711,
I've been riding without it for the past 10 days. I miss it. I actually liked it on. Sort of just fitted my riding habits. Even though everyone has been really cool about my issue, I haven't got a definite lead for a shifter, so if your up to it, i'll gladly pay the shipping for yours. Just email me your paypal account: onesimevolkoff@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Old 07-17-2010, 03:34 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I spent the morning looking and I really do not know where it is.... its been off for 6 years, lol - it could be anywhere.. sorry,

Just checked USPS and shipping with a Small flat rate box is right at $15.

So, if anyone finds one - this is what it will be. I just did a USPS, click and ship for a small box to Canada - not all that bad, I have a USPS account and just had to fill out the Custom's form and then print it out, sight the lable and put it on the box, USPS pick up at my house and off it went. I do believe the shifter will fit in a small flat rate box.

So, if anyone has one - lets help this guy out... Pay it forward... Like I said, a lot of us removed this way back - now where did we put them??

Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 PM
1-sime
6th Gear
Cool Merci

All you US pilots out there on this forum, here it goes:

I'd like to thank you all, as you have displayed exactly what I expected from fellow bikers, both solidarity and friendship. We Frenchman have acquired your bikes over the years, some of us have even adopted the outfit, the US flag and what not… But most of us haven’t gotten a clue of what HD was actually about. Just behaving as posers.

To give you an example, I rode about 300 kilometers west the other day to a town called Perpignan (south of France). I stopped by the local Harley dealer, asked him about an eventual heel shifter they’d have, even a used one. I was ready to buy it off… for a reasonable price that is. So these guys pick one out of stock, a used, torn, f**cked up shifter. They asked 30euros for it (under the counter of course), making it appear as a favor they were making me. 30 euros, that’s 40 bucks right there!

So I can’t help comparing that mentality with that all of you guys, who’ve been offering help, advice and the part for free (but for shipping of course). I can’ help remembering those biker POW’s I met as kid in DC… nice guys who’d answer all my childish questions. Nothing seems to have changed your side of the Atlantic. So thanks to all of you, and to Martin (Certified Drunk) above all, for just living up to “it”.