Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Road King Custom With Cracked Y Header

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dredy2g
Full Sac will do the trick, they have a true dual conversion kit that allows you to use ur stock or slip on cans and doesn't require remapping and it cost I believe a couple hundred pennies. Just do a search on Full Sac performance.

Yup, what he said. The Fullsac True Duals is a very cheap and effective solution to the "H" pipe stress failures. If you like the sound of your slips before Fullsac, you absolutely love the sound of them after. Another benefit is that it the right side will be noticeably cooler sans the "H" pipe. As far as cost goes, it was Sub-$200 delivered.

-Dusty

Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 AM
OddJob
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I got the one from the 08 installed on mine. My mechanic had a plug to plug up that O2 sensor hole. Only thing is now I still have a little bit of an exhaust leak and it's driving me nuts. I replaced the seals and I still hear it. Must have misaligned something when I put everything back.

On another note, I talked to the mechanic about new pipes this winter. I was interested in the Thunder Header true duals, and he suggested the 2-into-1. Said it would give better performance because of backpressure, etc. So on that note, any of you that did the FullSac true duals notice any performance difference either way? Trying to decide whether I should do that and slip-ons or spend the extra dough on the Thunder Header. I like the idea of having duals cause I think the touring bikes look weird with the pipe only on one side. Thoughts?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 AM
trashhauler
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set of V&H Dresser Duals on my '06 police road king last weekend. Except for the supplied clamps for the mufflers and the trans. bracket mount, these things are fantastic. As far as power loss or gain? I dont know, its probably gonna take a precision instrument to tell me if there is any change. It feels fine. My bike had a stage1 computer update and an SE air filter done by the cops before I bought it. A month ago I had replaced the nasty old rusted stock mufflers with a set of Klock Werks SS's. Biggest reason I replaced the header pipes was after a few weeks the left muffler was already starting to rust from all of the condesation that wouldn't evaporate no matter what. Its a little louder than before, but oh boy does it make me smile when I hear it now.
My guess is is you are already planning an EFI programer at some point, you have no worries about power loss.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:42 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
Check that front engine mount. Apparently the rubber deterioates and they break.
++++++++1 I have found 3 loose front motor mounts on friends bikes.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:06 AM
wink2206
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Rubber

Yeah, the motor mount was the first thing I thought of. I am sure that with the age of his bike, it is probably the culprit. Couldn't really see it though. It makes sense with all of the stress cracks that he had/has.