Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on my new touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:47 PM
oldandbusted
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 point. keep your options open

Old 07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
isac
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it right the first time..get the 4 point and a colormatched Tour Pak with a rack on it , that way you have a backrest , more luggage space and a rack for whatever.A friend with an 09' SG wish he had gone that route instead of only a backrest and a rack.

I know it's more dough to cough up that way , but you'll probably end up with a TP sooner or later anyway.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:36 PM
cvoultrahunter
Advanced

I agree with the 4 point dock. Gives you all the options. If you're going to use a bag a times riding 2 up you're gonna want the rack to save your rear fender from scratches and you'll need the 4 point in order to use sissy bar and rack together. I have the short sissy bar and stealth rack. Love the look and very practacle
4 point dock isn't the prettiest to look at when it's bare but it still looks better than scratched fender

Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had , on my last bike , 2006 FLHT the tall sissy bar and the luggage rack that bolted to the sissy bar.
This only required the front docking kit.
This way , the whole thing came off together in seconds.
The tallest sissy bar and backrest pad make large luggage easier to mount and the wife liked it better for support.
The luggage rack that mounted to the sissy bar was very useful and sturdy and supported anything we could mount to it.
This made for a very quick and convertible setup.
Mick

Old 07-13-2010, 02:10 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

okay, first congratulations on the streetglide. and not to be a smartass, slight correction, it's imperative that i be exactly that. a suggestion is to let the 13 year old boy ride the bike with you sitting behind him. bang him ever so often lightly with your helmet and tell him, "how you like them apples?" next time you are the driver, he'll understand. sorry man, i just couldn't help it. you're lucky to have a neat riding buddy like you do.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:30 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Let me get straight to the point here, 4 of them to be exact, I made a funny.
Really though you will have alot options with the 4 point system then you can buy those cool covers that cover the docking pins and they look pretty cool themselfs.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 AM
sl954
Cruiser

Another option would be to get a Corbin seat. Its way more comfortable IMHO and you can mount a backrest right to the seat. No need to put any extra hardware on your bike. As a bonus, the backrest can be used for the rider if you aren't carrying a passenger.
Steve