Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:57 PM
51Moe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

UPDATE:

I didn't do any of the above yet. I took the bike off of the tender, started it up and went out for the day. I rode approx 100-150 miles and stopped about 5 times and the bike started up with out any problems.

While riding I noticed the Volt Meter stayed around 15V. On my way home I was paying alot of attention to the meter and watched it drop down to about 12V and the check engine light and batt light came on, it stayed there for about 1 minute and jumped back up to 15V and the lights went out (that was the first time I had noticed it cant tell you if it did it more than once). I stopped at the gas station, filled up, and went on my way...the bike turned over with no problem the last time, but it was a little slow.

What do you think the problem may be...or do I have one?

Thyanks,
Moe

Old 07-12-2010, 07:30 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by 51Moe
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

UPDATE:

I didn't do any of the above yet. I took the bike off of the tender, started it up and went out for the day. I rode approx 100-150 miles and stopped about 5 times and the bike started up with out any problems.

While riding I noticed the Volt Meter stayed around 15V. On my way home I was paying alot of attention to the meter and watched it drop down to about 12V and the check engine light and batt light came on, it stayed there for about 1 minute and jumped back up to 15V and the lights went out (that was the first time I had noticed it cant tell you if it did it more than once). I stopped at the gas station, filled up, and went on my way...the bike turned over with no problem the last time, but it was a little slow.

What do you think the problem may be...or do I have one?

Thyanks,
Moe
Either your regulator is going bad or you have a loose/dirty connection in the wires. Wouldn't hurt and won't be expensive to get some electrical contact cleaner and some dielectric greese and go over the wiring.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
williamfrog
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts

Moe mines doing that voltage drop,Check engine light & battery light to, what did it turn out to be ? Checked connections all good, that regulator is $200.00 .

Frog