Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed American Custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Garbock
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed American Custom exhaust

Hey everyone just thought i would share my experience with American Custom exhaust. I saw these guys on 2 Wheel Thunder on Discovery Theatre and was interested in them right away. What they do for those that don't know is take your stock pipes remove the baffles and send them back to you. You can also order a preset fabbed set of pipes too if you still want to keep your stock pipes (this is what I did). Their work is very good quality. I just finished swapping my pipes about an hour ago on my 09 Road King and WOW. Definately not quiet pipes (pretty loud) but they have terrific sound, very deep low rumble and nice sound when you hit the throttle. They also offer 2 sets of baffle to tone the sound down if you prefer. All in all a very good deal and I am very satisfied with their product. Checkem out if you are in the market for slip ons with a budget. www.americancustom.com. Oh and the best part is no retune needed!

Old 07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 206 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice I saw them on it and was wondering about them. There was just a post of a guy looking around for something like that. Glad to hear they are all they were advertised as

Old 07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
fireman54
Cruiser

Definitely will be one of the winter mods for me.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:14 PM
I SPY
Cruiser
Thumbs up American Custom Mufflers

I too just installed a set of American Custom cans on my FLHT. The fit and finish is excellent..as well as the whole ordering/shipping process. I previously installed a Full Sac duals set up...along with a K&N air filter and a couple of Knight Rider IED's. There was a small "flat spot" when accelerating...it felt like the engine was not breathing quite right. With the addition of the new American Custom cans, the flat spot is gone. Took the bike out for a 150 mile test ride and got 44 mpg on freeway, city, and mountain riding. A slight drop from stock, but only 2 mpg.

The sound is definitely quite a bit louder than stock if you run the "middle noise level" set of baffels.

One thing I really like is that I have maintained the stock look of the exhaust...and those HD EPA stampings on the mufflers may come in handy some day (wink wink nudge nudge).

All in all, I think this is a pretty good product. The sound is good, the price is right, and the parts are still all HD.

Last edited by I SPY; 08-02-2010 at 04:04 PM.