Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Classic Vrs. Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Road King Classic Vrs. Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado

My riding buddy has a very nice Kawasaki Vulcan.
I'll ride with him in a new york minute, and never regret it, cause - me and my buddy are riding!

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 06-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Grover
Admin "Kicking The Crap Out Of Spammers"

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

My riding buddy has a Yamaha Road Star 1600. We have logged many miles together.

The Road Star is red and my RK is the Firefighter edition in fire engine red. Many people have mistaken his bike for a Harley.

So What? We ride together solo or two up with our wives. Now he is getting a side car so his young son can ride with them. Their son is 9 years old and has cerebral palsey.

We take many road trips together. I am happy to have a friend to ride with.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Feroce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Twohulabears

I ride a Harley, but I can't stand Harley riders who put down other bikes! Not everyone who wants to own a Harley can. Heck, my best friend would love to be able to afford any bike, but in this rotten economy, he just can't right now. In my opinion, you should just be glad your friend has a bike, so you can ride with him. Don't be a jerk, and put him and his ride down. Instead, show him how cool Harley riders are, and then maybe someday, he too will want a Harley. If not, who cares, just ride!

WELL SAID. I think my Yamaha was a VERY good bike and would recommend it to anyone, in fact the person that works with me bought my old one and is very happy he did. He could not afford a HD.

Ed

Old 06-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Papamte
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here! A Harley can be too expensive for some people. I've owned Honda's and a Kawasaki, and they were all great rides. I still have my old 1984 Goldwing and rode it to work last night. I use to have issues with Harley-Davidson and wondered if I ever would own one. But just look at me now! I was just as proud of my Shadow Tourer as any Harley owner and logged over 42,000 miles on it in four years. My friends own Harleys, Yammy's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's, and Honda's. I'm not ashamed to be seen with any of them. Most all of the Honda's are built in Maryville, OH that are sold here. Ride with your friend. Tease him if you don't think it will hurt his feelings.

A Biker is a biker at heart. Not a brand name.

By the way, I love my Ultra too!

Old 06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
SCBGR
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude!!!

Its not what you ride its THAT you ride. Be glad you have a bud that will ride with you. I know folks who can afford anything they want and choose other types of bikes. Its all a personal prefence. I still ride my Suzuki Intruder a lot. Hell at the end of the day it will pull my EG down. For long runs over the weekend though NOTHING beats the EG.............

Old 06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
lschultz
Road Master

Just shut up and ride with the man and be glad you got a buddy to ride with. Who cares what your freinds ride just ride. How long have you been riding Harleys? Now tell the truth.[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
motochris
Advanced

PLUS....that "better resale" is BS as well. If you buy a new RK, and then sell it 2 months later, your gonna lose about $2000 on your $20000 purchase (about 10%). If you buy a big jap cruiser (vulcan/intruder/etc) for $10000, ride it for 2 months and sell it, you lose about 20%..(geez! twice as much!)......but that still equals $2000!!! In real money, there isn't a large difference anymore.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:19 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have left out a very big piece of this story. This friend and I have been wishing for Harleys for the last 5 years. We both saved up enough cash to get HD’s. So what does he do the 1st time about 6 months ago? He buys a Yamaha Brother. He hated it & said after he road my HD & others that he made a mistake & was going to trade it in for a King. Again what does he do after upgrading the brother on seat, pipes, stage1 and others? He trades it in, takes a huge loss & gets the Silverado.

I agree to all that it is better to ride then not ride at all. That was not my point!

Old 06-14-2005, 05:24 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

By the way, for all of you who don't believe the resale on non Harleys? I just lived it with my buddy. He tried to sell it outright but could not get anything close to what he spent. So he take a loss to trade it in & now with all the money he has spent to date he could have bought a Harley and gas for a year. Do the math guys! HD are not just great rides, they are great investments!

I will take any bike to ride, but I will only own an HD!!

That’s the problems with kids today. You try to teach them but they don't listen.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Twohulabears
Road Captain

Is he happy with his new bike? If so, then who cares how much he paid, or what he bought! Just get out and ride!

Quick Reply: Road King Classic Vrs. Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado