Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buffeting

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had three bikes over the last few years..i sold a 03 Road King and bought a used 09 Street Glide..i could never get comfortable on that bike..i am 6'2 235 and tried 6-8-10-12 inch windshields, fork baffle, faring wings...nothing would help, anytime i was on the highway at speeds of 55 and higher my eyeballs would be vibrating, there was no way i could ever taken a road trip on that bike, legs tight against the tank didnt help and it was even worse when you rode with your feet on the highway pegs the air would come straight up your legs..after only putting 2k miles on it i sold it.... i really like a faring bike(53 so i need a gezzer ride) radio guages etc..i went back in years and bought the 04 SE Electra Glide that had 1900 miles on it, when i test drove that bike i knew immediatley that there was a huge difference, that bike has a 6 inch windshield and i get wind which is what you want on a bike but no buffering at all..the bike does have lowers and i took them off in June and just put them back on and i could tell no difference with them being on or off..its really strange, it looks like the faring is the same design i dont know if the Street Glide has more rake in the front or the fact of the 6 gallon tank could be a factor..but anyway i have found the bike thats right for me and is a pleasure to ride ..sorry for the long post..just my 2 cents

Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 AM
motofhlx
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 5'9 and I have the 6.5 klock works windshield with fork deflectors,fork baffle and adjustable wings. All of these together stops almost all buffeting.