Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handgrip question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 AM
easycruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Handgrip question

Does anyone know of a manufacturer/website that makes a longer or extended handgrip for a 2010 Ultra? I found the stock grips too short and my hand was riding off the end. I bought a set of HD grips that looked a little longer, but I am still having the issue. I find the small bump at the end of the hand grip (meant to keep your hand on the grip), irritating after a couple hours of riding.
I have looked at a ton of websites but don't see any that are kisted as being longer than stock. (Needs to be tbw also).

Any help is appreciated.

Dave

Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
tobyleewilson
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please let me me on this as well. I really think that someone out there makes something for guys with baseball mit hands.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 AM
easycruzer
Tourer

LOL....that is funny, My son always tells me my fingers are like big sausages. I hope someone out there makes some.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:42 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't know if the kuryakan ISO grips are longer, but they are a bigger in diameter. I have big hands too and really like them. I find the stock grips too small in diameter. I also like the throttle buster option with the grip.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,812 Likes on 3,492 Posts

Originally Posted by luc.who
I don't know if the kuryakan ISO grips are longer, but they are a bigger in diameter. I have big hands too and really like them. I find the stock grips too small in diameter. I also like the throttle buster option with the grip.
I think the iso grips may be the ticket with the extra pice at the end???

Old 07-08-2010, 08:03 AM
easycruzer
Tourer

Originally Posted by luc.who
Thanks..Can I ask you a huge favor? Can you measure the length for me? I would like to know before investing in another set.
The ones I bought from HD are 5" in total length, but are only 4.5" in length before the small hump starts to keep your hand from slipping off. That is my problem.

I would really appreciate it.

Dave

Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by easycruzer
Thanks..Can I ask you a huge favor? Can you measure the length for me? I would like to know before investing in another set.
The ones I bought from HD are 5" in total length, but are only 4.5" in length before the small hump starts to keep your hand from slipping off. That is my problem.

I would really appreciate it.

Dave

They are 5" from the inside of the grip to the throttle buster. With the throttle buster they are 5.25. They are also 5" round.