Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scorpion exo 100 helmets

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
harley2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scorpion exo 100 helmets

i'm planning a 10 day trip later this month and was thinking that this might be a good helmet to travel with. has anyone here used this helmet in the rain. be interested in knowing how they work.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a review of it in case you haven't seen it. Also check the review of the HJC IS-33 which also has a built in sun shade and a full shield to cover your face during rain storms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOEfZ7iUieg

Old 07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
oasysco
Advanced

Originally Posted by harley2
i'm planning a 10 day trip later this month and was thinking that this might be a good helmet to travel with. has anyone here used this helmet in the rain. be interested in knowing how they work.
I have one and used it on a 3,000mi round trip fro VA-TX in 90-100F heat. Got caught in a torrential downpour in SC; plus I regularly get caught in rain around home.

Great helmet; comfortable for 10 hour, hot days in the saddle. As for rain, I have a 2-UP shield and with the pull down faceshield on the helmet, it gives me enough protection.

In fat, I like these helmets enough to have just ordered another ne one to go with my UC.

Greg

Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use this helmet everyday I ride. Rain or shine, I will only get rid of it when it's time for a new helmet and then I'll get another one. Rode in horrid downpour not too long ago and even though I do not enjoy riding in that type of rain, I was no more wet than anyone else - including those who had full faced helmets on.
I love that if I am riding in town I can keep the shield up and if I open up the throttle and want to protect my eyes from wind, I can just pop the shield down with one finger and keep on truckin'.
I recommend this helmet to anyone and everyone!!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
ballbreaker69
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have used this helmet for about 2 years. It is good in the rain and since I wear glasses I no longer have to carry extra sunglasses as the standard colored visor is great in the sunlight. When it gets cooler here in October it keeps the head warm as well. I think it is an excellent investment.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM
THABULL
Road Master

I have one I hardly never wear , when I take the neck warmer off for summer it pushes down on my ears and is very uncomfortable! It's works good for me in the winter but I never wear it in the summer!

Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Robert_W
Tourer

I like the concept of the EXO-100, but it didn't fit my head. I prefer the fit of HJC helmets. I purchased the FS-2 half helmet for around town riding, the IS-33 for summer trips, and the Sy-Max II for cold weather riding. Of the three, I like the IS-33 the best for all around riding. I purchased all three because I like the fit and I got them really discounted.

Ride safe. ride smart.

Bob.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Ridin'withTheKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this helmet, and truthfully I'm not too excited about it. At 70mph it tends to want to rotate back from the wind catching the sun visor. I installed shims to make it fit tighter, and it helps, but it still tends to rotate back after several miles at hwy speeds. Will probaby keep it for cooler weather when I use the neck collar.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this helmet and it does not fit my head very well. It felt good when I tried it on new, but after a very short time the helmet settled to far down on my head. The inner shell pushes my ears down, I had to modify the styrofoam to make clearance for the ears. The helmet is huge compared to other half helmets so it catches a lot of wind, feels like dragging a small parachute around by the chin. I like the concept with the flip down visor, but the helmet did not work for me.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 PM
brschmidt
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using this helmet for a year. I like it and the friends I've recommended it to have also liked it. Great helmet for the price.

Quick Reply: scorpion exo 100 helmets