Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kickstand spring.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,189 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by NMNSG08
In all honesty all i did was raise the stand with my foot per usuall and the dam thing fell off.I was able to get it back on using a leatherman tool.Have not had a problem since.Thought it was strange but whatever it has been working fine.
Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

Dude, has anyone ever told you that you look just like Ari on the HBO series Entourage?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm on my third spring in fifteen months. I just can't seem to keep from dragging them on something, thus stretching them and allowing them to fall out. Good thing a springs only six or so bucks! And Vice Grip WR-10's accompany me everywhere! The VG WR-10's will even hang onto the rear axle bolt in a pinch.

aka Bob

Old 03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Punjabi HD
Came off while putting my disable bike on the dealership trailer but they took care of it. Seems like that dimes will do it, but I'm cheap I think I will use some old washers.
You do know you get the dimes back, right?

Old 03-24-2011, 07:02 AM
halnwheels
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
If you have the new spring in your hand, bend it over and it will open the spring on one side to insert a coin. Bend it the other way for the other side. Repeat until the spring is extended enough to install.
I would try that however, my dealer just told me to bring the bike in on Saturday and he'll take care of it. Uhhh. he made me an offer I cant AND WON'T refuse. I'll get pictures anyway.

Got a new spring from J&P in the same shipment as my new windshield.

SPRING is here!!! (Get it???)

Last edited by halnwheels; 03-24-2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Steelie
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by krazy3
No, but it's my understanding that the easiest way to put it back on is to loosen, maybe take out, the bolt that goes down through the top. Swing the kickstand forward. Haven't done it, just been told that. Obviously you have to put it on a jack or have someone hold it.
5 minute replacement, worked just like he said....So easy

Old 09-06-2011, 06:17 PM
upstate tim
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think Kickstand spring fatigue brought on by being extended for long periods... (parked in the garage) lol

Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Mine popped off backing it out of the trailer...bought a new one for $6...TO install it back, take the top bolt out and take the little stopper. rotate the stand the opposite way , towards the fron then you can slip it back in.
I install mine the way You describe, very easy. Since the time the spring broke while on a trip I carry an extra in My saddlebag.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:09 PM
J.L.
Advanced

Mine fall off after I bumped over a low curb, My fault. Friend picked it up of the tar, said whats this for? We got it back on with vice grips, was a little loose so we tied it up with wire ties. the next day I heated both ends up cherry red and tightened up the hooks on the ends. The spring has not fell off sense then.

J.L.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Denver_Rick
Advanced

my 08 ultra is lowered front and back, lowestthing on it is that &$$!! kickstand spring,
take out the bolt rotate forward attach the spring and rotate back, carry a spare.
nothing accesorizes a $25K harley like a peice of wire holdin up the kickstand!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:26 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Much easier to do it this way............

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Mine popped off backing it out of the trailer...bought a new one for $6...TO install it back, take the top bolt out and take the little stopper. rotate the stand the opposite way , towards the fron then you can slip it back in.
Than to mess around with with a roll of coins doing it this way............

Originally Posted by EasternSP
If you have the new spring in your hand, bend it over and it will open the spring on one side to insert a coin. Bend it the other way for the other side. Repeat until the spring is extended enough to install.

Quick Reply: kickstand spring.