Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance Hines Power Duals Or Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Or Fulsac 2-1-2 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010 | 07:16 PM
jasnusc
|
Road Master
Default Vance Hines Power Duals Or Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Or Fulsac 2-1-2 ?????

Looking to replace my stock header to get rid of the CAT and not sure which a/m one to buy.

Been trying to find a non CA stock header in the classifieds but havent had much luck.

Which one is better and will all 3 work with the SE slip ons I already have?

Vance and Hines Power Duals?
Fuel Motos 2-1-2?
Fullsac 2-1-2?

I dont want true duals and the Fuelmoto and Fullsac look almost identical.

Any suggestions? Any issues?

Old 07-03-2010 | 07:27 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

I like my power duels and they will work with your slip ons.

Old 07-04-2010 | 12:13 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

I've had all 3. I would choose in this order:

1. Fullsac
2. Fuelmoto
3. VH

It's unfortunate that Fullsac doesn't have the following that Fuelmoto has on this forum. The Fullsac fit better, is a stepped header and is ceramic coated. All the things that impresses the novice that I am.

Old 07-04-2010 | 03:43 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Would wrapping the header in exhaust tape cut down on the heat at all? From what I understand, Cats need to be hot operate properly, so if wrapped to reduce heat on the outside, would it make it hooter on the inside?

Cale

Old 07-04-2010 | 05:17 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master

I have the v&h power duals and like the look. They are definately cooler temp wise than the cat header pipes that I had.

Old 07-04-2010 | 05:35 AM
TonyVT
Tourer

Another vote for the Power Duals.

Old 07-04-2010 | 06:46 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

I am running the Fuelmoto 2-1-2 and am completed satisfied, and also have installed one on anther I build I did for another person on this forum, also a 107" HQ build. I have not had the other two pipes in my hands, so I cannot comment on those. I am betting though that the performance is not all that much different between them as all are the same basic design. The Fuelmoto pipe is stainless steel and is a well made, quality item.

The build, with this pipe was very easy to tune, I am running V&H Moster ovals as they are the sound I wanted, and I am not chasing numbers on this build so really didn't base decisions on peak HP or Tq capabilities.

Old 07-04-2010 | 06:00 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Can't comment on the Fullsac pipes. However, I can comment on the Power Duals vs. OE headers. I have the Power Duals on two of our bikes. My Roadie has the Power Duals with the Monster Ovals and a PC-V from Jamie, cannot believe how well this plain jane 96 runs. I also have the Power Duals on the black bike (sig pic), but with the Hi-Outputs, not dialed in quite right just yet.

Here's one BIG problem with the Power Duals if you are even just a little interested in leaning your bike. The header touches down REAL early compared to the OE headers. When I say touches down, I'm not kidding. As in, front pipe, collector, and even the crossover pipe going to the left side of the bike. I don't care about grinding my floorboards and floorboard supports, but my damn pipes?!! An expensive lesson. Both my Roadie and the Electra Glide are ..... uh ....... ground up a bit. The only tiny blessing is that you can't quite see it when parked. But, at some point they will deteriorate and I'll need to replace them. The chrome ones on the Roadie won't be so bad, but the black ones were custom, so it'll be a pain.

If I do them over, I'll go with the Fuel Moto header because they're angled like the OE headers which means I can lean a lot further and I can utilize the OE shields. Now, if you don't ride like that and you ride a bit on the tame side, then by all means have at it with which ever feels right to you.

Your wallet has been warned!

Old 07-04-2010 | 08:24 PM
jasnusc
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Can't comment on the Fullsac pipes. However, I can comment on the Power Duals vs. OE headers. I have the Power Duals on two of our bikes. My Roadie has the Power Duals with the Monster Ovals and a PC-V from Jamie, cannot believe how well this plain jane 96 runs. I also have the Power Duals on the black bike (sig pic), but with the Hi-Outputs, not dialed in quite right just yet.

Here's one BIG problem with the Power Duals if you are even just a little interested in leaning your bike. The header touches down REAL early compared to the OE headers. When I say touches down, I'm not kidding. As in, front pipe, collector, and even the crossover pipe going to the left side of the bike. I don't care about grinding my floorboards and floorboard supports, but my damn pipes?!! An expensive lesson. Both my Roadie and the Electra Glide are ..... uh ....... ground up a bit. The only tiny blessing is that you can't quite see it when parked. But, at some point they will deteriorate and I'll need to replace them. The chrome ones on the Roadie won't be so bad, but the black ones were custom, so it'll be a pain.

If I do them over, I'll go with the Fuel Moto header because they're angled like the OE headers which means I can lean a lot further and I can utilize the OE shields. Now, if you don't ride like that and you ride a bit on the tame side, then by all means have at it with which ever feels right to you.

Your wallet has been warned!

Just got back from a ride in the mountains with a little less floorboard than I started with. Soooooooo I will pass on the VH based on the info you posted above.

My Wallet Thanks You!

Old 07-04-2010 | 08:39 PM
2010 ultra man
Tourer
Default header

Your S.E. slip-ons will fit on the Fuel-Moto 2-1-2 head pipe. I don't know about the other 2.

Quick Reply: Vance Hines Power Duals Or Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Or Fulsac 2-1-2 ?????