Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance Hines Power Duals Or Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Or Fulsac 2-1-2 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 12:03 PM
davewear
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Can't comment on the Fullsac pipes. However, I can comment on the Power Duals vs. OE headers. I have the Power Duals on two of our bikes. My Roadie has the Power Duals with the Monster Ovals and a PC-V from Jamie, cannot believe how well this plain jane 96 runs. I also have the Power Duals on the black bike (sig pic), but with the Hi-Outputs, not dialed in quite right just yet.

Here's one BIG problem with the Power Duals if you are even just a little interested in leaning your bike. The header touches down REAL early compared to the OE headers. When I say touches down, I'm not kidding. As in, front pipe, collector, and even the crossover pipe going to the left side of the bike. I don't care about grinding my floorboards and floorboard supports, but my damn pipes?!! An expensive lesson. Both my Roadie and the Electra Glide are ..... uh ....... ground up a bit. The only tiny blessing is that you can't quite see it when parked. But, at some point they will deteriorate and I'll need to replace them. The chrome ones on the Roadie won't be so bad, but the black ones were custom, so it'll be a pain.

If I do them over, I'll go with the Fuel Moto header because they're angled like the OE headers which means I can lean a lot further and I can utilize the OE shields. Now, if you don't ride like that and you ride a bit on the tame side, then by all means have at it with which ever feels right to you.

Your wallet has been warned!
Do you find the Power Duals touch down before the Monster Ovals on your RG? I am running 40psi in my shocks when solo (230lbs) just to give me better ground clearance as I find my MO's are touching about the same time as floorboards.

Old 01-01-2017 | 07:37 PM
kcblaze
Cruiser
Default Fm 2-1-2

Don't know about Fulsac but the FM 2-1-2 Stainless Steel headpipe also comes with a lifetime warranty. Maybe a consideration?

Old 01-02-2017 | 12:28 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

7 year old thread

Old 01-02-2017 | 06:04 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

No mater how old the thread is staying the hell away from those power duals is something that needs to be brought up from time to time so people are informed about how bad the design is.

Attached Thumbnails Vance Hines Power Duals   Or Fuel Moto 2-1-2  Or  Fulsac 2-1-2 ?????-pipes.jpg  
Old 01-02-2017 | 07:27 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Power duals will scrap bad in the curves if you run them at all quick, not a good choice.

Fuel Moto and Fullsac are much better choices.

Old 01-02-2017 | 07:34 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Well the thread may be 7 years old but I am glad it came back to the top. I have been looking for a head pipe to replace the OEM and really don't care for most of the designs. I had never looked at Fullsac but WOW I am very impressed with what I see on the Performance DX and it looks completely stock.

I will most likely buy the Fullsac unit, keep my SE slip ons and go with the FP3 tuner. Now if I can decide on a breather. Again looking for something to retain stock cover. I like to run stealth!

Old 01-02-2017 | 07:38 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Well the thread may be 7 years old but I am glad it came back to the top. I have been looking for a head pipe to replace the OEM and really don't care for most of the designs. I had never looked at Fullsac but WOW I am very impressed with what I see on the Performance DX and it looks completely stock.

I will most likely buy the Fullsac unit, keep my SE slip ons and go with the FP3 tuner. Now if I can decide on a breather. Again looking for something to retain stock cover. I like to run stealth!
I have been using Fullsac head pipes on my last five bikes, and the last four of my wife's bikes. I really like his head pipes, work well, look stock.

My 13 CVO king, making 138 HP and 140 torque has a fullsac head pipe

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (01-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2017 | 02:51 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by todd-67
No mater how old the thread is staying the hell away from those power duals is something that needs to be brought up from time to time so people are informed about how bad the design is.
It was either your photo or one very similar which steered my away from V&H in Fall 2015 when I was shopping for a head pipe.
I landed with S&S and no regrets about doing so.

Old 01-02-2017 | 04:42 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
It was either your photo or one very similar which steered my away from V&H in Fall 2015 when I was shopping for a head pipe.
I landed with S&S and no regrets about doing so.
Not a good feeling sliding across the pavement. Glad you stayed clear.

Old 01-03-2017 | 08:45 AM
Big Al SG
Advanced

I have the Fullsac DX pipes and I love them especially since the crossover is under the bike. I had the V&H Big Shots before and though they weren't True Duals I can fell the difference in low end performance with the DX pipe. They do run hotter in my opinion. Good luck with your choice.

Quick Reply: Vance Hines Power Duals Or Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Or Fulsac 2-1-2 ?????