Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK Classic convert

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 AM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Wow....you put some miles on that Dyna according to your sig. You will enjoy them miles much better now.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Will CF
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 883 IRON
The seating position takes some getting used to though.
You might want to plan on replacing that stock seat especially if you ride double very often... slide back and sit on the Passenger section and you will see that a Brick would be more comfortable... I replaced mine with a Corbin Solo and the Touring Passenger Pillion.... Riding Position and Comfort are GREATLY improved.

Oh... BTW... Nice Bike !!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Wingnut51
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seating position takes some getting used to though.
Congrats on the new Road King! Best looking bike on the highway in my opinion. I immediately installed a new Sundowner seat and Heritage style handlebars after getting mine and it made a huge improvement in riding comfort.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by Arizona
Congrats on your new RKC. The RK is an awesome bike, smooth and very easy to ride. It's comfortable and those saddle bags are hard to beat - lots of room and with a 4-point docking kit you can add accessories or remove them in seconds. I like the quick-detachable windshield too. I'm 100% satisfied with mine and ride it daily.
Thanks, I did get the four point docking with a passenger backrest and rear rack. Plan on putting a few miles on her today, it will be hot in the PNW and I'll make a dry run with all the luggage and gear on the bike, because I'm hitting the pacific coast highway on the 11th for a week.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:00 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Welcome 883! There's a thread (sticky) at the top of the Touring Section devoted to RK Classic owners. Drop by there, get some ideas and start spending money like the rest of us.
Oh yeah spotted that thread, have some reading ahead of me, as far as spending $$ on mods, I don't see anyway around it. Somebody told me the bike is the cheap part.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:05 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by feezy
Welcome! Just like you I traded in a 09 dyna for the 10 RKC. Very nice bike.
I bought the FXDC because it looked cool and it was in comparison cheaper, now after a few miles under my belt, my wife wanted to start going, I held off letting her ride until I felt comfortable in my own ability, it had been like 30 years since I was last on a scoot. Two up for two bigger folks on a dyna was not happening, so the touring bike was evolutionary, besides I really like the lines of the classic, especially without the windshield.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by Will CF
You might want to plan on replacing that stock seat especially if you ride double very often... slide back and sit on the Passenger section and you will see that a Brick would be more comfortable... I replaced mine with a Corbin Solo and the Touring Passenger Pillion.... Riding Position and Comfort are GREATLY improved.

Oh... BTW... Nice Bike !!
Thanks, and for the seat advise too. Does the Corbin solo match the bags ok?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by Wingnut51
Congrats on the new Road King! Best looking bike on the highway in my opinion. I immediately installed a new Sundowner seat and Heritage style handlebars after getting mine and it made a huge improvement in riding comfort.
You are spot on, those stock bars are the same bars that were on my superglide custom. Oddly enough, the salesman recommended the heritage bars too. The stock bars are too low and too far forward and have to go. Did you have to change out any of the cables for the heritage bars?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the FXDC because it looked cool and it was in comparison cheaper, now after a few miles under my belt, my wife wanted to start going, I held off letting her ride until I felt comfortable in my own ability, it had been like 30 years since I was last on a scoot. Two up for two bigger folks on a dyna was not happening, so the touring bike was evolutionary, besides I really like the lines of the classic, especially without the windshield.
I usually keep the windshield off unless on a long trip. Just looks cooler IMO and that is what is so great about a Road King is the versatility. A gazillion ways to spend your money.....

Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Corndog
Cruiser

Welcome to the RKC world!
Ditto on the posts about the Sundowner seat and Heritage bars. Twelve or fourteen inch ape bars would probably be even better, but require new cables and wire extensions.

Quick Reply: RK Classic convert