Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody use kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
golfinfool
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?

We are heading to Sturgis this year from Indiana and looking for something to make the ride more comfy for the wife. Does anybody have adjustable passenger pegs installed and are they worth the money? Below is a link to the item. Thanks

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...D/20/IMID/1596

Old 07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I had them on my 1998 and now the 2009 Ultra's..... The wife liked them so much she had me put them on my Fat Boy. Well make and worth the money. Only problem I noted was if she used them at stop lights I would bump her legs, on the highway..... No problem at all.

Have a safe trip Be Safe JIM

Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Glofish88
Cruiser
Default Yup...

..I got 'em. And if they were made with better quality I'd give them a 10 outta 10. However, and a big however it is, like many of their products they just simply do not live up to the price tag. I like the concept and functionality of them, my kid likes em and so does my lady. I have had problems with rusting bolts and locking pins.
They are expensive and the quality should reflect the cost.....they just fall short. Thanks again, Kuryakyn.

-Glofish88

Old 07-02-2010, 10:58 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Got em on my 07 Ultra and wife luvs them. Gives her a good range of positions to use and her legs don't get tired and cramped up.
She wanted me to get her the swing out arm rest with cup holder too until I pointed out the price tag and she said she could just use my shoulders

Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have them on my '08, between those and the Soos 1" floorboard extenders front and rear, it makes for a very good ride for both the ol' lady and I. I've had no problems with rusting bolts or locking pins, nor do any of my friends who run them. I did have one of the bolts come loose, but it was my fault, I usually never skip the loc-tite, this time I did. I don't think you'll be sorry, as someone else said, the only issue is sometimes when I stop and her feet are up on the highest setting her feet bump my calves. No big deal, now that she knows they are almost always moved before we stop. This is one of the Kuryakyn upgrades I highly recommend, if you decide to relocate a tour pak there are better options than Kuryakyn.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:15 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They were on my 05 Ultra when I bought it used. The wife says they cause her legs to go to sleep, but I think its because she won't try the other positions, just the highest one. Ditto on the hitting the backs of my calves when we stop. Also, before you pay full price, check ebay. There has been some on there lately for half what the retail shops are asking.

Joe

Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was considering these so my son could ride with me. How high up do they go? My son is 7 and his feet come about 3 inches away from the stock floorboard locations. Do you think that the will enable him to have his feet flat on the peg? I would love to have him start riding with me, but would like his feet to rest on something. I dont worry much about him falling off, the tourpak seems to be pretty stable.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
I was considering these so my son could ride with me. How high up do they go? My son is 7 and his feet come about 3 inches away from the stock floorboard locations. Do you think that the will enable him to have his feet flat on the peg? I would love to have him start riding with me, but would like his feet to rest on something. I dont worry much about him falling off, the tourpak seems to be pretty stable.
Without actually measuring I woud guess maybe 5"-7", for sure if he needs 3", no problem.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

They are money well spent if you are gonna carry a passenger!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:43 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by will2002
They are money well spent if you are gonna carry a passenger!

Quick Reply: Anybody use kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?