Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody use kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:06 PM
drifter27011
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
I have them on my 09 Ultra, money well spent. Wife is 5'0 so her calves were hitting the bag guards. Quality product.
+2 no problems with mine

Old 07-04-2010, 08:54 PM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got them for my Limited and she likes them.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:19 PM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My lady is 4'9". She could not even get close to the floorboards. This is the first thing I have to buy for any bike. She rode home on the first bike with the floorboards folded up and resting her heel on the top of them. Worth every penny. Just make sure you blue loc-tite on all bolts.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:43 AM
larryboy
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also bought them soley so my son (7) could ride with me and touch the pegs so I don't get a ticket. If I recall I had to install them left on right and right on left in order to have the adjustment for short legs rather than for forward. They worked great. My wife also liked them, but she almost never rides with me.
I also agree with the loosening and rusty bolts. Check them often. If you get caught in the rain or wash it alot, you will get rusty bolts.
For the cost, it was the only option I had for a 7 year old to reach the pegs so it was worth it.
The only thing I dislike about them is like most Kuriakin parts they weigh a ton. These are rediculously heavy.
I just had my son try it a few days ago and he can reach the floorboards, so these will likely come off.
Larry

Old 07-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Glyde Dog
2nd Gear

The wife loves them, I hate them. 10-4 on the blue locktite, good thing Kuryakyn sells extra bolts for them.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:52 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by golfinfool
We are heading to Sturgis this year from Indiana and looking for something to make the ride more comfy for the wife. Does anybody have adjustable passenger pegs installed and are they worth the money? Below is a link to the item. Thanks

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...D/20/IMID/1596
I've had them on the '05 Ultra ever since the second long trip and my wife brought it to my attention that I have options with regard to highway pegs -- and she'd like that option too. So, I bought 'em. I buy stuff like this through www.DennisKirk.com as they provide great customer service and warranty -- despite Kury's warranty and previously-mentioned product issues. I, too had a problem with mine, in that the spring that keeps the little pins in place to hold the footpeg in position gave out and I've had to replace them a couple times. I have also had the bracket holding the peg on the bike break in half -- cheap metal, I think. But when Kury didn't step up to the plate on offering only one foot peg, DK did. So, that is my $.02 worth. The pegs are great!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 PM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Has anyone with a taller passenger tried these Kury adjustable pegs? I also saw that they have a new version for 2010 models. My lady is about 5'8" with longer legs, so her issue is not that she can't reach the boards or her legs hit the bag guards, it's that she would like to be able to stretch them out a little more. I moved the floorboards down already to the lowest setting. I'm thinking these might at least offer her more positions to rest her feet and change her leg position a bit, plus being able to rest her calves on the pegs and stretch out that way would be great for her.

I just want to hear from taller passengers whether this is actually a relief, makes this better, or makes things worse, or not so great.

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer

Originally Posted by tphillips
I have also had the bracket holding the peg on the bike break in half -- cheap metal, I think. But when Kury didn't step up to the plate on offering only one foot peg, DK did. So, that is my $.02 worth. The pegs are great!!!
Used blue loctite, made sure they were torqued to spec. Within one week of purchase the bottom plate on the left peg cracked. The wife had not even used them yet, they spent a week on the bike in the "retracted" position. Kury refuses to step up and back their product. I offered to purchase the "broken part" but they refuse to sell it separate from the kit.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Anyone??

Originally Posted by caberto
Has anyone with a taller passenger tried these Kury adjustable pegs? I also saw that they have a new version for 2010 models. My lady is about 5'8" with longer legs, so her issue is not that she can't reach the boards or her legs hit the bag guards, it's that she would like to be able to stretch them out a little more. I moved the floorboards down already to the lowest setting. I'm thinking these might at least offer her more positions to rest her feet and change her leg position a bit, plus being able to rest her calves on the pegs and stretch out that way would be great for her.

I just want to hear from taller passengers whether this is actually a relief, makes this better, or makes things worse, or not so great.

Thanks!

Old 10-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had those on my '03 RKC, mainly because my son (who was 8 at the time) couldn't reach the passenger floorboards. They worked like a champ. I highly recommend these particular Kury parts (but don't get me started on their Panacea lights... ).

Quick Reply: Anybody use kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?