Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody use kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:43 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfinfool
Thanks for all the replies, looks like I need to order them. Found them on e-bay new for 149.00 that's 50.00 cheaper than the kuryakyn website.
Watch out when ordering these off of ebay. They are year specific.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
ElectraLarry
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

We were at the J&P Cycles open house last weekend and talked with the Kury rep about these. He said they are the #3 overall selling Kury product. Lots of couples were lined up to sit on the demo bike to try em out, lots of women(passengers) said the loved theirs. I would buy a pair if my wife actually liked to ride with me! Now I'm thinking about a solo seat...

Old 07-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Javawave
Tourer

they are ok, my wife likes them, but I find them to cramp me a little. She has to remember to take her feet off of them and back on the floor boards when I am coming to a stop. Otherwise her feet keep me from my feet on the ground.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:53 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or if you want to change it up a bit, I went with Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Peg Mounts #7527 with H-D Rubber and Chrome Mini-Passenger Floorboard Kit, #50451-09.

The mounts are adjustable 360 degrees, so they can be set higher, lower, further forward or further back then the OEM's, but are not anywhere near as high as the Kuryakyns you asked about. The Mini-Floorboards allow for more foot surface-area than regular pegs or the ones on the Kuryakyn's that you are looking at. In the picture, they are set in the 'lowest' down position.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...tail/IMID/1815

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 07-04-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:08 AM
jimd3246
Cruiser

Amen to what SH57 says. Thought I was ordering for my 09 Ultra, ended up w/ a set for a CVO- I'll make someone a great deal!

Old 07-04-2010, 03:23 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I had em on my last two bikes, and the primary reason for having em, was for the kids. As they were 8-12 at the time, they werent tall enuff to reach the boards comfortably, and the Kury adjustble psgr pegs made the rides VERY comfortable for them.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought them to make the wife more comfortable. She tried them, but now won't use them. Don't know why.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Mr_Bill
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kury pegs

Just make sure you get the right Kurys for your bike. When I bought my 2010 ULtra, Kury didn't have thier new adjustable pegs for the 2010's out yet. The 2010's have a wider bracket from the frame to the floorboard. I was able to get the dealer to swap out the factory 2010 bracket for a set off a 2009. I think the release date was late June early July for the Kury adjustable pegs for the 2010 models. They work great for the wife . But they are a pain when you stop, if your wife leaves her feet on them. Good luck and enjoy the trip!
Mr_Bill

Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 PM
lawbil
5th Gear

i have had a set for years, mine are the early version which doesn't have the pin to change and lock the position, but they all work well. i believe this was mentioned before but if you are using saddlebag guard rail bags,especially fairly ridgid ones similar to what hd sell, you can't fold the pegs all the way back. i used hopnel bags which are quite soft and you could just squash them down and let the pegs lay down.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:53 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

I have them on my 09 Ultra. I bought them for the wife so she could change positions while riding. She loves them. When we are on the road and I have my feet on the highway pegs, she can put her legs on these and stretch out the same as I do. As many others have mentioned, if she forgets to move her legs when we are needing to stop, her feet hit my calves. I highly recommend them if you are going to ride two up. When you arent using them they fold back out of the way. Money well spent. I have had no problem with quality of them and I have not seen any rust at all.

Quick Reply: Anybody use kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?