Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First day on the Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010 | 10:35 AM
cellexjohn
Advanced

I picked up the "tall boy" seat and the tall back rest with matching pad. Old lady loves it. THe seat moves me down and back. Puts me in a good position. I'm 6'1'. Went with a Fast Aire 8" shield and lost most of the buffeting.

Oh, the 103 kit helps alot with 2 up, and more fun when solo!

Enjoy,
John

Old 07-02-2010 | 12:02 PM
smharris605
Advanced

12.5" bars, Dunlop E3 tires, aftermarket speakers, and all the black powdercoat you can get your hands on!!!

Old 07-02-2010 | 01:46 PM
retgi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Best mod I have done is my bars. Love the way they changed my riding position. Did my second 600 mile trip yesterday and had no problems riding for 10 hours. Then today went tooling around town. Best universal bike IMO. You will love it
Can you tell me which bars they are?

Old 07-02-2010 | 02:31 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior

I've got the Mustang rider backrest. I like the smaller size of it compared to the HD. Can't say as much for their seats though. After 2 Mustangs, I like the Sundowner the best.

Passenger backrests come in 3 heights I think. I started in the middle, but it was to low for the wife. Sold it and got the tall. She's all good now and it still looks good. I think its only about 2 inches taller.

Got the stealth luggage rack cause I liked the look the best and you can strap a bag to it just fine. They didn't have the detachable back then.

You didn't say what year, but if its new or doesn't have it yet, your gonna want a fuel manager, slipons or complete exhaust system and high flow A/C. Shop around for what you like and do your own version of Stage 1.

I see now its a 2010....Stage 1 for sure.

Last edited by SG 1; 07-02-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2010 | 02:31 PM
downingdc
Stage III

I too am 24 and just picked up my first bagger- 2010 Redhot Sunglow SG. Anyway, I saved a ton of money by picking out the HD accessories I wanted from their catalog then logged on ebay and searched for the part numbers I wanted. 9 times out of 10 I found what I was looking for (all for about 30% cheaper than I could find at any dealer or online store).

Old 07-02-2010 | 04:48 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by retgi
Can you tell me which bars they are?
13" Cyclesmith bagger bars

Old 07-02-2010 | 05:18 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Default Gps

There's a GPS mount on ebay that I think is the classiest. It's just a chrome ring that fits on the handle bars and has a brass post that a Garmin snaps on to.

I think the Ram mounts are UGLY!

That's my two pennies worth.

Old 07-02-2010 | 05:29 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rkoivisto
There's a GPS mount on ebay that I think is the classiest. It's just a chrome ring that fits on the handle bars and has a brass post that a Garmin snaps on to.

I think the Ram mounts are UGLY!

That's my two pennies worth.
Can you provide a link to the eBay mount? I search on "motorcycle GPS mount" and get 2094 hits.

Old 07-02-2010 | 05:33 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by cellexjohn
I picked up the "tall boy" seat and the tall back rest with matching pad. Old lady loves it. THe seat moves me down and back. Puts me in a good position. I'm 6'1'. Went with a Fast Aire 8" shield and lost most of the buffeting.

Oh, the 103 kit helps alot with 2 up, and more fun when solo!

Enjoy,
John
John,

How is the tallboy seat for comfort? I understand the seat positions you back and down, but how is the cushioning for a longer distance ride? Any lumbar support at all? The stock seat on my '10 SG has got to go. Makes me feel like I'm dry humping the gas tank!

For reference, I'm 6' 1" also, with long legs.

Old 07-02-2010 | 07:03 PM
HD32
Advanced

I'm 25 and also just bought my first bagger- 2010 Street Glide, a week ago. I too, was tired of touring on a smaller bike. Had a '06 Softail standard lowered to the bump stops. It looked great but rode terrible. I love every bit of the glide. Pipes and air cleaner are in and getting put on and dynoed tomorrow. The mods have already started, naturally, but will likely slow down, as the budget is slowing down. No worries, just means more riding and less wrenching! That's what winter is for! Congrats on your purchase and happy riding. It's great to be a part of the "old man bike" family.

Quick Reply: First day on the Street Glide