Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning Horn - Black

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:37 PM
PhatTerry
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are planning to mount it in a protected area, you can get away with the lesser priced models. We normally stock all the variations at some of the best pricing on the net. Plus we are a Platinum forum sponsor. Please check us out if you're looking for a place to purchase.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...acturer=Stebel

Old 08-27-2010, 08:34 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All horns are waterproof.................they are all out in the weather no matter what type of vehicle it's mounted on.

I just mounted the Stebel horn behind my right saddlebag, fits perfect, hidden, and loud as hell. I have a thread on here with pictures.

Don't waste the $115, they are only like $50 at any local auto parts store.

Steve

Old 08-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Max96
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve and I both have them behind the right saddlebag, no issues. They go for WAY less, do a search. I have the Wolo version of the nautilus, http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm works great along with my Howards Big Horn. I paid $40 for it at my local harbor freight store. http://www.harborfreight.com/bad-boy...orn-94117.html

Last edited by Max96; 08-27-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:15 PM
rkadair
Tourer
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 PM
PhatTerry
Banned

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
All horns are waterproof.................they are all out in the weather no matter what type of vehicle it's mounted on.

I just mounted the Stebel horn behind my right saddlebag, fits perfect, hidden, and loud as hell. I have a thread on here with pictures.

Don't waste the $115, they are only like $50 at any local auto parts store.

Steve
Why even spend $50? We have the basic and authentic Stebel black model for $36.95 and the Nova Chrome model for $59.95.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...tcomp-horn.htm

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...tilus-horn.htm

Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Mounting Stebel Nautilus Air Horn

Hey can one of you guys that mounted this behind the right saddle bag post some pics?

I need a loud horn and will be damned if I have to buy some ugly looking thing that has to show on the side of the bike for $200.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Old 04-24-2011, 04:34 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Hey can one of you guys that mounted this behind the right saddle bag post some pics?

I need a loud horn and will be damned if I have to buy some ugly looking thing that has to show on the side of the bike for $200.
I think you're mixing up two things here! A bare Stebel air horn is indeed ugly, but quite cheap. It is understandable if you want to hide one behind a saddlebag and out of sight. An expensive alternative is to buy a Mini Beast, which is a Stebel mounted inside your choice from a variety of custom casings, to make them look good. They come with the relay integrated, plus a mounting bracket to put it where your stock horn is. My polished chrome MB2 is quite a visual enhancement to my bike, IMHO! And it works very well....

Old 04-24-2011, 05:44 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

I stuffed mine onto the engine guard, on my FLTR... there's enough room to mount the horn, if you have hard lowers, you just need patience.
I left the OEM horn in place, as it adds to the cacophony

Old 04-24-2011, 06:32 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie

I'll try to remember to take some pictures today, hoping to get out on the bike once the roads dry up a bit.

I had the Mini-Beast, but I got tired of having a huge horn covering the left side of the motor. So I took it apart, painted it black, used an existing threaded hole on the fender strut behind the right saddlebag, ran the wires , and it's all good.

Nothing showing, clean install..........just what I like.

Steve

Quick Reply: Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning Horn - Black