Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Rental in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bike Rental in Atlanta

Had some useful tips on routes a while back and now I am finalising things for my trip to the US in September.

The only HD rental I can find in Atlanta is Earl Small. They seemed reasonable enough initially (and maybe they still are but I am not sure) when their website quoted $750 / week for an Ultra Classic. Then all the extra insurances etc started getting lumped on and now it is around the $1000 mark. It seems weird as the impression I had was that the posted price included all insurance, so I am wondering if he is taking advantage of the fact that I am an ignorant Brit!!

Description
Amount
6 Day(s) @120.00
0 Charged Mile(s) @0.30
1 PERSONAL PROPERTY/PERSONA @9.85 x6 Day(s)
1 SUPPLEMENTAL LIABILITY IN @12.00 x6 Day(s)
1 LOST DAMAGE WAIVER PACKAG @70.00/Week x1
Sales Tax (6.00%)

Total Charges

I figure the sales tax is a fair addition

Can anyone recommend any alternatives in Atlanta. I will be flying in on 2nd September and touring for a week. I ride a Limited so will probably take the Ultra, my mate would probably want something a bit lighter (ideally a 1200) so will probably end up with a Softail.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
audettd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked it up and there's another dealer in Savannah (you'd have to drive down there)..but they rent also.

http://www.savannahhd.com

Other then that you'd have to look at another state for rentals. Seems a bit high to me for what you've been quoted. Are you a HOG member? If not might want to think about signing up just for this purpose

Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 AM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by audettd
I looked it up and there's another dealer in Savannah (you'd have to drive down there)..but they rent also.

http://www.savannahhd.com

Other then that you'd have to look at another state for rentals. Seems a bit high to me for what you've been quoted. Are you a HOG member? If not might want to think about signing up just for this purpose
I am a HOG member but my understanding is that this only benefits in the Fly and Ride programme, but Atlanta is not listed in that. I assume Earl Small are doing their own thing outside of this programme

Thanks for the response. My concern about Savanna is that getting there would probably wipe out any savings.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
dwayne.aycock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a place in Clayton County, GA that also rents Harelys.
If you call Clayton County HD at 770 960-6000 they should be able to tell you the number of the rental facility.
Though not affiliated with clayton County HD, the rental facility is in their old dealership building on Morrow Industrial.
Hope this helps.
Dwayne

Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dwayne.aycock
There is a place in Clayton County, GA that also rents Harelys.
If you call Clayton County HD at 770 960-6000 they should be able to tell you the number of the rental facility.
Though not affiliated with clayton County HD, the rental facility is in their old dealership building on Morrow Industrial.
Hope this helps.
Dwayne
Thanks, will check them out

Old 07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

A couple things - Earl Smalls is a respectable dealer; also, you do not have to take all the extra coverages - you can mix and match and not take all of them. Lastly, I looked at Clayton Coutny's web site and saw nothing about rentals. Clayton County has a new sales manager, Mark Lewis, who was previously at Earl Smalls. Mark is a good guy. By the way, I have rented from Savannah HD and they are great, but that is 3 and a half to 4 hours from Atlanta.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ga4boats
A couple things - Earl Smalls is a respectable dealer; also, you do not have to take all the extra coverages - you can mix and match and not take all of them. Lastly, I looked at Clayton Coutny's web site and saw nothing about rentals. Clayton County has a new sales manager, Mark Lewis, who was previously at Earl Smalls. Mark is a good guy. By the way, I have rented from Savannah HD and they are great, but that is 3 and a half to 4 hours from Atlanta.
I am struggling to get a handle on the exact implications of the extra cover they are offering. Although not a big amount I think charging $10 / day for storing our kit (which will be negligble) is a tad cheeky

Old 07-01-2010, 05:23 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

EagleRider Motorcycle Rental and Tours
5346 Jonesboro Road, Lake City, GA 30260
(404) 675-2990‎ – (888) 675-2990‎
eaglerider.com

Email: rent@eaglerider.com
USA - 1-888-900-9901
Europe - +49-89-315-94608

Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
I am struggling to get a handle on the exact implications of the extra cover they are offering. Although not a big amount I think charging $10 / day for storing our kit (which will be negligble) is a tad cheeky
I live about 10 minutes from Earl Small's - I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask what the supplemental stuff is all about if that would help.

And if you need to store a few things, you can use my garage...no charge.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:39 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
I live about 10 minutes from Earl Small's - I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask what the supplemental stuff is all about if that would help.

And if you need to store a few things, you can use my garage...no charge.
That is a very generous offer, most appreciated. I may well come back to you on that. I am currently looking at an Indy called Scorpion Cycles. The guy there is being very helpful so hopefully it works out

Quick Reply: Bike Rental in Atlanta