Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a sad weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what a sad weekend

We had 7 riders killed this weekend. @ boys riding double on a back road hit a fallen tree and died. And 5 people died when 3 bikes somehow hit 1 van . 1 lady is in the hospital in cridical condition. BECAREFUL folks stay safe.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, indeed it is a sad weekend when things like this happen. Prayers for all and thier families.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Man! How sad.

My signature...

Old 06-29-2010, 07:28 AM
joe28
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Sheet!
Last year in N.E.Pa. I went through the same thing. Seemed like EVERY weekend, SOMEONE I knew hit the pavement, or was smushed by something.
More than a few were guys who had been riding for many decades, the "smart" guys who you felt comfortable rding @. One was an instructor for the M.S.C.,(hit by a Fed Ex truck blowing a stop sign), another was sitting on his bike in front of his house, a drunk bailed into a car that slammed into him!
I started to wear my full face helmet, ride a bit slower, took my wife out less and less.
It's scary when the "Crash Bug" comes to town.
Joe

Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
gibby122
Road Captain

seems like we've have a high rate of MC accidents here in S.A. this year... my father-in-law loves to point out each and every accident each and every weekend... had fatality here on Fri night, the female passengar died after they were rear ended by a female driver at an intersection. other headlines that come up at 1 of our local new stations related videos are: 1 killed 3 hurt in mc crash - women kill in mc accident - 1 killed 1 injured in mc crash - 1 killed 1 injured in mc crashe - 1 killed 1 hurt in mc crash - motorcyclist killed in crash. Story: more motorcyclists killed in crashes in SA. - biggest jump in deaths since 2003.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yep, we had a preventable one in eastern iowa this weekend. matress flew out the back of a truck and knocked a guy off his bike traveling in the opposite direction. its just really sad when you see these crazy/stupid/preventable ones happening. charges pending on the guy for not securing his load.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/97242519.html

Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,318 Likes on 1,445 Posts

In addition to the bike wrecks in my area, there have been lots of car and truck wrecks too - drivers pulling out in front of other people, blowing red lights and stop signs ect. It seems almost viral.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk
yep, we had a preventable one in eastern iowa this weekend. matress flew out the back of a truck and knocked a guy off his bike traveling in the opposite direction. its just really sad when you see these crazy/stupid/preventable ones happening. charges pending on the guy for not securing his load.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/97242519.html
If something freaky like that wants to get you, it's your time. It will be on a motorcycle or in bed and the ceiling fan will fall on you and kill you. When your number is up it's up. You can't hide under the bed forever.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 PM
tedcmiller (Cry Baby)
Banned

Most of the traffic accidents in this area are caused by illegal aliens who don't have any insurance or a driver's license. They are afraid of getting caught if they apply. Many are applying with forged documents that make them appear to be legal. Our immigration laws were formulated when illegal immigration was a small problem. The laws should be changed. I, personally, don't have a problem with AZ enforcing the laws we do have.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:00 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

It seems people are doing everything in their vehicles now except actually driving the damn thing. Eating, smoking, talking on the phone, texting, reading, make up and the list goes on and on. It's an epidemic that unfortunately, we as humans, have created this madness. Until the laws get tougher on this crap we can expect more of it. Obviously the mattress thing was a weird one but a lot of accidents are caused by mainly because the driver is distracted by something else he or she is doing. I have worked in the Kansas City metro for 30 + years as a telephone technician and it never ceases to amaze me what people do in their cars. It seems once they get on that phone they become oblivious to everything going on around them.

Quick Reply: what a sad weekend