Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a sad weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by tedcmiller
Most of the traffic accidents in this area are caused by illegal aliens who don't have any insurance or a driver's license. They are afraid of getting caught if they apply. Many are applying with forged documents that make them appear to be legal. Our immigration laws were formulated when illegal immigration was a small problem. The laws should be changed. I, personally, don't have a problem with AZ enforcing the laws we do have.
Well said and I couldn't agree more. If you cant speak the language and abide by our laws then get the F$%# out of our great country.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 AM
joe28
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the wildest one I've heard of in 40 plus years of riding.
We have a new highway put in a few years ago here in N.E. Pa., it's called the "Cross Valley", new rt.6 .
It's one of those highways that you just can't seem to keep the limit on, almost straight, rolling cement ribbon that screams for you to "crank 'er up".
ALOT of people 2 or 4 wheels crank through the 12?? miles of it.
At the far end it goes from 2 FAST lanes into a intresection onto 1 lane, just before the end of the new highway it bends a good amount, not a good bend almost off camber, so if your stretching that throttle cable, (wire on some bikes, naaa, that doesn't sound right), you can be in deep Do-do, if you don't prepare for it.
Last year, a 2 brain cell kid on a crotch rocket failed to make the bend.
He went airborne somehow, hit a small sign post, and FLEW into a couple on a Road Glide going the other way in the slow lane, the crotch rocket bikes wheels striking the rider and operator at head level, the crotch rocket continued until it hit the gaurd rail, so it flew what 60?? yards total, (over the grass divider, crossed 2 lanes, the shoulder on the other lane to the gaurd rail) in the air.
All 3 people were killed.
The Harley was traveling in a pack, comming back from a benefit ride. Thankfully no one @ the Harley hit the bike or the people ejected from it.
We were like 5 minutes in front in another pack, but a memeber of my riding club was in the back of that pack and saw the entire thing.
Wow! It was the craziest thing I ever heard!
Joe
When your time is up, it IS up!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:54 AM
KahunaJim
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Of all the things people do while driving texting is the worse. Just the other day a guy blows by me texting, driving with no hands....a couple minutes later almost out of sight I see a cloud of dust and he had ran off the road and stuff like that happens all the time. They need a texting law with teeth although it will be super hard to enforce. Truck drivers and drivers of other commercial vehicles are fined $2250 dollars if caught texting while driving and lose their CDL for 6 months for the second offense.

You can say if its your time its your time, **** happens or whatever but despite the bizarre like a mattress knocking you off your bike texting, and to a lesser extent cellphones in general, have made riding more dangerous then ever!

Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

We really have some crazy crap happening to riders in IA. First the mattress and now this. Where a road sign blows into a motorcycle. Both are totally random, but both could have been prevented with a little common sense from people (anchoring the mattress and anchoring the sign).

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Des-M...-97930324.html