Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on pipes for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default opinions on pipes for 2010

Got a new EGC so I'm sort of wearing out these threads. Collecting opinions on slip-ons for 2010 EG-C. Seems it is a very limited selection out there for the newer design. Had Rineharts and like the sound. Looking for the deep throaty sound but have no idea from web.Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

I put the Jackpot Dynotuned on my 10 EGC. Nice rumble, not loud. I'm kinda over the loud pipe thing and these sound very nice.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by All Aces
Got a new EGC so I'm sort of wearing out these threads. Collecting opinions on slip-ons for 2010 EG-C. Seems it is a very limited selection out there for the newer design. Had Rineharts and like the sound. Looking for the deep throaty sound but have no idea from web.Any input is greatly appreciated.
I bought some Jackpots from a forum member.

If you search the forum, you will find any and all the information you could possibly need concerning pipes.

Cale

Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by All Aces

I had Rinehart slip-ons on my 2009 Ultra and switched to CFR. They're one of the best kept secrets on the HD Touring market. They have a very deep and throaty sound and they're 4" in diameter which makes them proportioned to the wide rear fender/tire of the newer models.
Last, you'll see tons of Rinehart on bikes and very few CFR. If you like to be different...........

http://www.cfrmotorcycles.com/touring.html

Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I had Rinehart slip-ons on my 2009 Ultra and switched to CFR. They're one of the best kept secrets on the HD Touring market. They have a very deep and throaty sound and they're 4" in diameter which makes them proportioned to the wide rear fender/tire of the newer models.
Last, you'll see tons of Rinehart on bikes and very few CFR. If you like to be different...........

http://www.cfrmotorcycles.com/touring.html

I have a friend with Rhineharts on a Road King, I can say that I do not like following him, they are quite annoying after a while. They may sound different from the "cockpit" of the bike though.

Cale

Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
I have a friend with Rhineharts on a Road King, I can say that I do not like following him, they are quite annoying after a while. They may sound different from the "cockpit" of the bike though.

Cale
I didn't care for them either. They were too tinny for my taste.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I didn't care for them either. They were too tinny for my taste.
I have never heard a set of tinny Rineharts.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TI06
I have never heard a set of tinny Rineharts.
Shows you that you and I have different opinions on what a good sound is. <wink>

Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Hoghead10
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put Rush 1 3/4 baffle on my 2010 EGC and like them very much. Probably will order 2" baffles and change them.....the 2" baffle is somewhat louder......

Old 07-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Just put on some Jackpots today. All I can say is Holly Crap. They sound awesome!!! Waiting for my A/C and PC V, but so far, I am happy!!!

Cale

Quick Reply: opinions on pipes for 2010