Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do a 103stage 2 or stay 96 stage 1 on a flhtc

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Budz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: do a 103stage 2 or stay 96 stage 1 on a flhtc

ORIGINAL: TJf12

ok all I have a two week window to decide, the dealer said it was not worth it.that the 96 runs good enough(hd dealer not wanting my money???).. anybody have this in there 07 yet?
the stage 2 is with cams and se exhust(not the pipes that come with the stage two kit). I palning on doing a lot of two up and maybe towing. I dont want it for speed just pulling power loaded to the max. thanks
I'm trying to decide the same issue. Go with Stage I, Stage II with 255 cam and cat pipes, or keep it stock. Unfortunately, the MOCO screwed up their P&A catalog. They stated that the dyno charts are to help customers decide which power level they want. Then they label a dyno chart comparing the 96" stock to a 103" stage I, but then they list the part number which is a 103" stage II. Is that chart for Stage I or II/ Can't really tell. If I'm stupid here someone help me out. Why they did not list both a Stage I and Satge II 103" for the 96" is beyond me since they are trying to help us decide. I can't get info from any dealers to help decide either. Talk about flawed marketing. Looks like they had a non-mechanical monkey put their catalog together. I want bang for buck; I don't give a rats *** about getting the Stage II if it only gives me two or three HP and maybe same in torque. I'm thinking seriosly about getting the Stage I 103 BB kit and waiting for aftermarket for a good cam that will give me butt loads of torque low to mid-range. Also I think folks are missing the point on the 96" motors. I see too many posts about their built 95s kicking *** on 96s. OK, but after a GOOD tune the 96", I think, will be a very satisfying motor. It will be hard to make an intelligent decision with unintelligible information being dessiminated by the MOCO. I want my upgrade to be under warranty but I don't want to spring for the 255 cam for an additional $500 bills plus additional install hours not knowing which little dyno chart is which. Wake up MOCO and get you collective heads out into the sunshine! Help your customers spend their money.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:42 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer today told me the 103 kit installed was $1200. Added into the financing and your looking at $10 to $15 a month with no big initial out of pocket. He also said there were no aftermarket pipes available until january 08 and the SE pipes that are available are all on back order.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Budz
Tourer

$1200 has to be for Stage I; BB, AC, clutch spring. The Stage II which adds cam and cat pipes is about $1800 installed at dealer. I think your dealer is on crack about aftermarket pipes. They will be ready a lot sooner than '08. There's money to be made. Slip ons should be same as last year, head pipes need bungs for 02 sensors, not a big deal. EPA seems to have MOCOs nuts in a vise about selling and installing 'race' parts on street bikes. They are being held accountable now and can only market within the confines of pollution and noise regulations. That's why everone is bitching about hot motors and quiet pipes. Everybody will be turning to the aftermarket to satisfy their noise jones and will quickly learn that there is good power and drivability in the new 96", the 96" just needs some lovin'. Next year this time I think we'll see 96" stage IIs pulling sweet numbers. The 110's should be very nice if you pony up the money. This is the same thing that happened in the late sixties with auto makers. They used to sell the best speed parts over the counter until the feds put the squeeze on. "Dejavu all over again" People will learn and adapt, the aftermarket will fill the void quite nicely.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 AM
TJf12
Advanced

i think ill just go with pipes to start out with,dealer says you got 90 days after the sale to get things done and still be under warranty...........
I still did not get a answer about the 110 kit it has a price in the book of 2459.95 but for the 88 version it is 2995.95 so there got to be some more parts in it.THIS is confuseing

Old 08-26-2006, 03:42 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 88" needs the stroked fly wheel they both need the cases bored out to get to 110 the 96" comes from the factory with the stroked fly wheel the piston size did not change for 07' but the stroke did hope this helps.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: pittguy

Agreed,orderng directly would be great but HD would probly have to have its own line for the builds.Plus it keeps the shops in business and you returning to shop w/your wallet.
Yeah, but they build CVO bikes at the factory, not at the dealers. So someone there is building the motors. And I've been to the Capitol plant, it's not a space issue. And I don't see a problem at York either.

My confidence level in a dealer's service department has been lowered over the years. I cringe at the thought of some recent MMI (not dissing the school having never went there) grad tearing into my 'virgin' $25K Ultra and installing a 110 kit. Warranty or not. I agree with you: It's all about The MoCo making some more $$$ for their dealers.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:50 PM
cwilks
Banned

Do it, check my sig for further details!!