Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle crash again wtf

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I think it's getting crazier out there. Almost got hit 3 times last week by people not paying attention.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:32 AM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davessworks
...and there's some crappy riders out there too.
No kidding, but 99.9% of them are on crotch rockets zipping in and out like the road is their personal playground. No wonder many cagers hate motorcyclists.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ehans
No kidding, but 99.9% of them are on crotch rockets zipping in and out like the road is their personal playground. No wonder many cagers hate motorcyclists.
...seriously dude? I cant tell you how many cruiser riders I see who have never ridden before. OR they think because they rode 35 years ago they can just jump on and ride today. They buy the biggest road sofa they can find, load it up, and then wonder why they can't hold it up. Just because HD riders don't typically zip in and out of traffic doesn't mean they aren't dangerous on the road. I hate going to the dealership on the weekends because of how many inexperienced riders are running around, worrying about looking cool instead of focusing on riding. Some of you here are that guy or gal.

I'll agree that sport riders are usually the majority of problems, but don't be typical in assuming that "99.9% of them" are the problem.

And before anybody gets all butthurt, I'm just pointing out facts and observations of my younger generation. Its fcking annoying watching these older guys trying to be a hard ***, or Joe Cool, and get off the bike without putting the jiffy stand down, or start it in gear, or blip the fcking throttle every 5 seconds. Those people give us a bad name (reference: South Park episode). SO, lets not pass the blame to 'crotch rockets' and worry about our community first.

Last edited by stupid_rope; 06-29-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:40 PM
agentofchaos53
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our city getting ready to ban texting while driving..I know they will still do it but at least it a law now..My wife saw someone driving all over the road and called 911 we thought she was drunk..the police pulled her over and she was texting so they let her go..I guess they got a law for just reckless drving but not sure if you have to be drinking to get it

Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
agentofchaos53
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
...seriously dude? I cant tell you how many cruiser riders I see who have never ridden before. OR they think because they rode 35 years ago they can just jump on and ride today. They buy the biggest road sofa they can find, load it up, and then wonder why they can't hold it up. Just because HD riders don't typically zip in and out of traffic doesn't mean they aren't dangerous on the road. I hate going to the dealership on the weekends because of how many inexperienced riders are running around, worrying about looking cool instead of focusing on riding. Some of you here are that guy or gal.

I'll agree that sport riders are usually the majority of problems, but don't be typical in assuming that "99.9% of them" are the problem.

And before anybody gets all butthurt, I'm just pointing out facts and observations of my younger generation. Its fcking annoying watching these older guys trying to be a hard ***, or Joe Cool, and get off the bike without putting the jiffy stand down, or start it in gear, or blip the fcking throttle every 5 seconds. Those people give us a bad name (reference: South Park episode). SO, lets not pass the blame to 'crotch rockets' and worry about our community first.
is there a south park episode on bikers..I love south park lol

Old 06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain

My wife and I were coming back from a short ride and on one of those 6 lane roads with red lights every quarter mile or so, I was leading and she back and to the right. We were doing all of 30 mph and I passed by this old lady in some mini-SUV. She proceeds to move in right between us. My wife had to dodge her to avoid having the front tire clipped and then laid on the horn. I immediately slowed down (my wife knows the drill) until the lady moved out. There is no $&@# reason for a car to insert itself between two bikes like that without looking.

Drives me nuts. This is exactly why I don't carry a firearm, marbles or anything else. I don't need that temptation.
Makes you want to stop, tear off a hot exhaust pipe and shove it sideways up somes A$$

Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by agentofchaos53
is there a south park episode on bikers..I love south park lol
Here ya go:

Season 13: The F Word

Old 06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeh - crotch rocket riders and some riders on their first Harleys. For some riders there's something about a Harley that makes them think they're special.

Last edited by davessworks; 06-29-2010 at 08:44 PM.