Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is an electra glide classic for me

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Test ride as many as you can. At your height you may like the Road Glide better than the Electra Glides.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Fewe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know what area you are in but if one is near you I would highly recommend attending the Demo Rides. There is usually a good selection of bikes, 18- 20, and you can ride as many as you want. If none in your area, your local dealers will let you demo bikes you are interested in providing you have your M endorsement.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...bmLocale=en_US

I am 34 and have an Ultra because of the need for long-distance comfort and amenities, but with the E-Glide Classic you aren't giving up much as far as creature comforts but have a much easier time removing the tour-pak with only an antenna to disconnect. As for weight it really does get to be a non-issue pretty quickly. I went from dirt bikes and a Sportster to the Ultra and never looked back. Also, I recommend the "Ride Like A Pro" DVDs as they will make slow speed maneuvers a breeze.

http://www.ridelikeapro.com/

As far as Road Glide vs. E-Glide it is a matter of what you are most comfortable on. The first ride on a Roady was strange with the fixed fairing and all but I have ridden several since and really like them. When it comes time to replace The Ultra the Fugly will definitely be in the running.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:36 AM
dezldk
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I rode a friends Ultra yesterday.He had a tall boy seat and that was it as far as comforts for the tall man. I didn't like it because my feet were in the lower fairing when I tried to get comfortable (size 15). I am going to try to ride the road glide this week as well.