Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trooper Stopped Me for Headlight Modulator

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:12 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronjo
Wow, the mirror was a joke. I thought anyone could figure that out!
LOL, I got a chuckle out of it.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:12 PM
DanD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronjo
<snip>

Anyway, I found something a lot cheaper and more effective. A double sided 2"x2" survival metal mirror daggling just under my headlight! The only problem I've had with it so far is a guy pulled me over because he thought I was signaling an SOS.

maybe if ya hit the combination of bumps,you could do morse code for "show me your t*ts"..

Old 07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CSI Topeka
Exactly...don't get pissy with the guy, cuz he may just find some more violations for you to talk your way in to.

So after the uneducated LEO made the false statement about the modulator being illegal, the OP tried to explain the true law and then tried to ask a question. Sounds like the LEO didn't like the fact that the OP had something to say so he threatened the OP with a ticket.

It's definitely a no win situation for the completely law abiding citizen who did absolutely nothing wrong in the first place. And then, the citizen had the nerve to offer some basic information and try to ask a question. If the LEO can make up his own rules about headlight modulators, then who knows............ maybe he'll make up rules about other stuff too.

In this case the OP made the right decision. Too many bad things can happen. Probably better to just forfeit your constitutional rights and zip the lip at this point so the LEO can continue to feel important and think he's right, even when he is actually wrong.

Last edited by Clint55; 07-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
{Durf}
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Not trying to start a debate but I hate those things.
They are annoying and make me NOT want to look at the bike or turn my head away. Some drivers get pissed like you are high beaming them, like "get out of the way!". Furthermore, and I've witness this, some drivers freak out when they see them like you are emergency personnel. Drivers freaking out or pissed off at me is not something I want around me when I'm on my bike.

Maybe if the modulator was a little more subtle or slower it would make a difference (for me). I don't know...

lp
...no offense, but agreed on once more. Hate those things myself when I'm in a car and they come up behind me. Irks the living **** out of me, so I can imagine how it makes non-riders in their cages feel.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Not trying to start a debate but I hate those things.

Originally Posted by {Durf}
...no offense, but agreed on once more.
Hate those things myself when I'm in a car and they come up behind me. Irks the living **** out of me, so I can imagine how it makes non-riders in their cages feel.

Some like the Modulators (are legal in all 50 States).

Some don't (but are still Legal).

If you don't, you still notice me.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 07-23-2010 at 03:04 PM.