Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To CVO Or Not To CVO

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 AM
07fxdwg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
Went through similar quandry last spring. Get standard Ultra, my option. Wife asks would I be happy with the stock paintjob? Hmmm, no probably not I'll have it painted later. OK, add $6000 on a complete paintjob. Wifes asks will I be happy with the stock wheels? Nope, I'd like chrome. Add another $4000 or more for wheels&tires. She said, now youare at the cost of the CVO Ultra right? Yes, pretty close. And all the work is done for you and under warranty? Yes. So, why don;t you just get the CVO and save us some money in the long run? OK, I did
Thats the exact reason I bought my 2010 SE Ultra in March. I have a 2007 Wide Glide with paint, engine and tons of chrome. Between buying it and add on's I probably have over 30,000 into it and couldn't even get an offer on it for 15,000. My Ultra has everything including enough engine power as stock. Changing the headpipe mainly to get rid of the cat heat. Will also put a TTS tuner on it and it should end up with around 98 hp and 133 tq as that is what most guys with the CVO's are getting for power numbers. Well worth the money and am EXTREMELY happy with the bike. FWIW.. I traded the WG in on the SEUC and my fiance bought the WG back for a wedding present for me so I have the best of both worlds when it comes to what riding style I'm in the mood for.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by 07fxdwg
Thats the exact reason I bought my 2010 SE Ultra in March. I have a 2007 Wide Glide with paint, engine and tons of chrome. Between buying it and add on's I probably have over 30,000 into it and couldn't even get an offer on it for 15,000. My Ultra has everything including enough engine power as stock. Changing the headpipe mainly to get rid of the cat heat. Will also put a TTS tuner on it and it should end up with around 98 hp and 133 tq as that is what most guys with the CVO's are getting for power numbers. Well worth the money and am EXTREMELY happy with the bike. FWIW.. I traded the WG in on the SEUC and my fiance bought the WG back for a wedding present for me so I have the best of both worlds when it comes to what riding style I'm in the mood for.

I agree with the logic and did the exact same evaluation. Probably spent over $35k on my 03 Fatboy and figured if I was going to spend that much on my next bike I might as well get it that way from the factory. So I went with a 2010 SEUltra, upgraded the engine, upgraded the audio, upgraded the brake and turn signal lighting to LEDs and made the TP detachable.

I figure I have mid-$40s in the bike but its exactly like I want it and its at least going to have the trade-in/retail value of an SE Ultra vs a standard Ultra when it comes time for the next bike.

BTW, there's absolutely no way you're going to get 133ft lbs from just a headpipe and a tuner upgrade on a 2010 110". Maybe you meant 103ft lbs?