Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To CVO Or Not To CVO

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I could afford it and liked all the things put on the CVO, I'd buy one. Problem is there's only been one I've seen that I like everything on it and that was the 2010 blacked out Ultra. The rest of them are way over the top I think. I suppose if it was a bike I was only going to ride every so often, that wouldn't be bad but I can't imagine parking one of those beauties outside my work every day.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Aslan
Road Master

If you can afford it buy it. You only live once.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Went through similar quandry last spring. Get standard Ultra, my option. Wife asks would I be happy with the stock paintjob? Hmmm, no probably not I'll have it painted later. OK, add $6000 on a complete paintjob. Wifes asks will I be happy with the stock wheels? Nope, I'd like chrome. Add another $4000 or more for wheels&tires. She said, now youare at the cost of the CVO Ultra right? Yes, pretty close. And all the work is done for you and under warranty? Yes. So, why don;t you just get the CVO and save us some money in the long run? OK, I did

Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
Went through similar quandry last spring. Get standard Ultra, my option. Wife asks would I be happy with the stock paintjob? Hmmm, no probably not I'll have it painted later. OK, add $6000 on a complete paintjob. Wifes asks will I be happy with the stock wheels? Nope, I'd like chrome. Add another $4000 or more for wheels&tires. She said, now youare at the cost of the CVO Ultra right? Yes, pretty close. And all the work is done for you and under warranty? Yes. So, why don;t you just get the CVO and save us some money in the long run? OK, I did
This is why my next bike will be a CVO Ultra. Seems just about everything I want to do to my SG is already done on the CVO. I like the CVO Ultra because when you take off the tour pack and lower fairings, add a smaller windshield and a Badlander seat, you have a very Street Glide looking bike. And you don't need to add anything for the long trips. The tour pack on my SG alone was $1500.

Beary

Old 06-25-2010, 02:55 PM
michaelm
Tourer

CVO. No brainer. I have a '10 Spiced Rum. Trust me on this...it's my 5th Harley.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:02 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If I could afford a CVO I would have one with no regrets. Rode with a guy a few days ago who had one and it was a beauty. I suggest however you pose this question in the CVO section and see what kind of responses you get.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a CVO section here???

Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM
ncsam
Intermediate
Default 2010 cvo

Loving every minute of mine! Been there done that - get the CVO and then if you do sell it you will surely get more. Spiced Rum is hot - burgundy root beer look and its powerful 110 engine I take over the 103 I had. I am just getting started with 750 miles and counting - smooth riding low profile machine. Get you one now and save. Unless there is a cool orange color coming out, get the spiced rum.

Last edited by ncsam; 06-25-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:09 PM
up2nogood22
Cruiser

Here is my story: Racked up 42K miles in 22 months on my 08 RG, bought the CVO. Could not give the RG away even with a fuill V&H Exhaust, Tuner, Stabilizer and host of other accessories. Advertised it at trade in (to help someone out), and took three months to move it.

If you ride a HD, your re-sale will suck. There were too many other 08 RGs with 5-10K vs my 42.....

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
Good Example of why not to buy a CVO....50% loss - that's just crazy...and you can find many more...........

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1799753150.html

Price reduced From $20,000 You save $4000

This is a Factory Custom (CVO) Dyna Screamin Eagle Edition Harley Davidson

The Color is a Midnight Blue Metalic Flake and Silver Factory Paint

It has a 110 Cu In Engine.

The Original Cost of this Bike "Out the Door" including extras was over $32,000

It has 2,534 Miles on it.

It has Always Been Stored inside a garage and Covered

It has Dealer installed Saddle Bags and a Backrest added

It has a Factory installed Alarm System

Old 07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
nj_jesse
Stage IV

For what its worth, I have a 2010 SG and just picked up an 07 Screamin Eagle Dyna. The CVO Dyna only had 1,300 miles and I paid 18k. The CVO Dyna is GREAT!!!!!!! For me getting the CVO in the SG is like putting a performance engine in an Escalade. You can get another 10hp just by changing the air cleaner and pipes. I myself wouldn't take advantage of all of the power in a Touring bike. My CVO Dyna is a blast to ride.

Last edited by nj_jesse; 07-09-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: To CVO Or Not To CVO