Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide 07

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 12:49 AM
vingstun
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide 07

To all,

I am in the process of getting a 07 FLHTCUSE2 bike. Black Ice and Electric Orange color and have a few questions to ask.

1. I was told that HD will no longer will warranty the bike if any modifications are done. With that I wanted to change out the pipes and do the proper dyno download to map it correctly. I dont really have the money to blow if somthing should happen to the bike. I am also looking to get the extended warranty so I am covered for quite a long time.

2. Opinions on the 110 engine - This is HD's first year on this 110 inch engine and now sure if all the bugs are resolved or should I wait?

3. Bike over all - I have not had the chance to ride one yet. I own a SC Fat Boy 06 now which I have sold but the dealer will not allow any test rides for this bike. I know there is a difference in the touring frame which over all will make my ride more confty.

4. Price - I noticed the HD site no longer list the price on the site. It was listed as of 3 weeks ago and not it is gone. It now ask that you check in with the local HD dealer to get pricing. I would like to know if anyone has a copy of the original prices listed? I have them written down but to have a copy would be better

5. EPA Problems - I also found out that EPA is really hammering down on HD and other manuf of motorcycles as they are not allowing any approval of changes of the bike once it is approved. Is this a true statement?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:03 AM
jdag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide 07

I believe MSRP is right around $33,500.

I was in a dealership today and saw the Candy Cherry bike. WOW! I liked it on the web site, but absolutely fell in love with it when I saw it in person.

That being said...NO WAY would I spend $36k (tax, you know) without test driving one.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:30 AM
CLKKELLEY
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my Black and Orange JESTER (named after how the front end looks like a Court Jester hat) on July 31, AND LOVE HER!

She just had her 1000 mike service and spent NINE days in the service bay for a faulty slave cylinder in the hydraulic clutch system, with EXCELLENT customer service from my Dealer and its staff, including giving me a lonaer Ultra for the entire period!

1. Doing the Mods you discuss is NEVER going to void a warranty if you have ANY kind of relationship with your dealer. I plan to let mine install the pipes I eventually decide to buy, have them install a SE Air Cleaner setup with a K & N Filter, and either Screamin Eagle Race Tuner OR Power Commander III (which my dealer prefers), and they already told me NO problem with warranty.

2. The 110 IS AWESOME, and I CAN'T WAIT to let it breather better. An article in the new American Iron Mag tested it stock at mid-80's HP and just under a 100 pounds feet of torque, BEFORE any mods!

3. The bike overall, with the new electric locks, the higher power audio system with XM AND Navigation, and all the rest of the OVER $13,000 in parts book add-ons (BEFORE LABOR), is just WONDERFUL.

4. Most on the www.cvoharley.com (try it!) site are paying from what I paid ($33,495, plus about $400 in freight and setup) and WAY UP to $3-4K over MSRP for their JESTERS!

5. The aftermarket mods will not be affected by the EPA in any way ANY MORE THAN IN THE PAST. I would guess the only problems MAY occur in states that have vehicle inspections every certain mandated problem, which is where they could catch your mods. at some point in the future!?!?!?

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions!

Craig Kelley, Omaha, NE

Old 09-02-2006, 09:52 AM
smittyvegas
Advanced

I have my blue 07 FLHTCUSE2 on order from Henderson NV HD. It is suppose to ship on 9/20 but will probably be pushed back. I could get alot better deal from Kingman Motherroad HD - MSRP - but I sat too long and it sold. Cannot wait until the new one comes in.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jdag

I believe MSRP is right around $33,500.

I was in a dealership today and saw the Candy Cherry bike. WOW! I liked it on the web site, but absolutely fell in love with it when I saw it in person.

That being said...NO WAY would I spend $36k (tax, you know) without test driving one.

Yeh, I saw the Candy cherry too. Iwanted to take it home, but my wife felt it was too "pretty"

Do you think the color is a bit loud?

Old 09-03-2006, 06:45 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine 8/31 in Santa Fe, NM. The orange metal flake blended into the black "ice" metal flake is sweet. The picture on the HD web site does not do the paint job any justice whatsoever.

Out the door price (with $1500 intake/exhaust/SERT upgrades) was 37.7 after taxes, registration, etc., etc., etc. Floor price was 33.5. I heard that the Motor Company is really making dealers toe the line on MSRP.

When it goes in for 1K service Rinehart S/Os, SE Stage 1 EFI, and SERT to be installed - Custom dyno maps provided by BMG. According to local BUB rep the Tru-Duals aren't available "yet" - they didn't even have a part number for them.

Took it out onto the hiway today and was cranking 80mph at 2950 RPM... smooth smooth smooth. I find the power curve a little flat from idle to about 2500 rpm but then from 2500 to 4000 the frickin' thing wants to fly. I'm certain the upgrades and a good dyno map/tune will fix that problem. Had to watch that I didn't get the woody in my pants stuck in the handlebars when I turned corners...