Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on HD logos on trailers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:25 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if someone has a back injury or something and can't ride long distances...but are ok for shorter rides? Should they sell the bike and give up riding all together? Would that make them a puss too? I don't really get flaming trailers. You never know what someone circumstances are. I've never trailered my bike, but if I need to I will, it won't really bother me what you think.

Oh yeah, about the stickers....if you like em, use em, if you don't , don't. Like you said its not hard to tell if there is a good chance there's a bike inside.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, there sure are alot of tough guys on here. I hope I don't run into any of them while trailering my machine. Wait, I don't have a trailer, but if I did, it would have HD decals all over it, because I like HD. If it got broken into, I would call my insurance company, collect money and do it again. Take that, you big, bad, non-trailering tough guys.

BTW - when someone else starts paying my bills, they can give me input on what I do.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Mark
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Looks to me like have some SDS on this thread! People trailer bikes for different reason's None of which needs to be explained to anyone. I personally think HD stickers are a pride thing, not an ego trip. You bad a$$'$ be sure when you get to Sturgis, stop by all those trailers with HD emblems on them and tell them what big pu$$ies they are...OK

I agree......

Old 06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
I agree......
I'm sure there are legit reasons to trailer your bike, I wouldnt call them pussies..

I'm just not at the point where one is needed. I'm sure when I get there I'll change my tune..

But as far as taking kids to some of these bike week events, really they have no reason to be there, it's like taking a kid to a bar.

Gettysburg being the exception, very family oriented.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Mark
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TheShrink
Man, there sure are alot of tough guys on here. I hope I don't run into any of them while trailering my machine. Wait, I don't have a trailer, but if I did, it would have HD decals all over it, because I like HD. If it got broken into, I would call my insurance company, collect money and do it again. Take that, you big, bad, non-trailering tough guys.

BTW - when someone else starts paying my bills, they can give me input on what I do.
Way to go TheShrink!!!!!! I have a Harley and Ohio State Buckeyes logo on my trailer, looks great!! Just sayin!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:10 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
I'm sure there are legit reasons to trailer your bike, I wouldnt call them pussies..

I'm just not at the point where one is needed. I'm sure when I get there I'll change my tune..

But as far as taking kids to some of these bike week events, really they have no reason to be there, it's like taking a kid to a bar.

Gettysburg being the exception, very family oriented.
I totally agree with you on the kids at a rally, I am just wondering where that came from i don't think anyone hear mentioned anything about kids at a rally.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by moondog99
Well said! I personally trailer my bike sometimes on vacation due to wife, kids, family pets, etc. I know a couple of friends that ride to long distance rallies or vacations due to the fact that it is not cool to trailer any bike, then when they get back home they put it up and ride every couple of months if that. Funny as hell to me. If I want to ride it I ride it, if I need to tow it I tow it.
Right here.. I wasnt going off topic on y'all.. LOL...

I see you didnt mention rally, I'm assuming.. And we know what happens when we assume.. LOL

Old 06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

I say it's your trailer and if you want to put a HD sticker on it go for it and if you want to put your HD in your trailer with your HD sticker on it go for it! Just sayin.....

Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I haulled a couple of Ultras from Temple TX. to Phoenix AZ. last year for the local dealer, in the dealerships enclosed trailer. It had both Harley-Davidson and the dealership stickers and logos all over it. I found it to be a BIG conversation starter everywhere and everytime that I stopped.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Knight2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShrink

HA HA
I love it!

Quick Reply: Thoughts on HD logos on trailers