Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tssm code wont clear for security install

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default tssm code wont clear for security install

OK so I am trying to install the smart security. I plugged in the new tssm and went through the marrying process posted on here, but am having no luck. The security light wont go out. As soon as I plug the new tssm in the bike throws a code b1153 which is a bas code. Why wont this clear? I don't have a bas or sidecar. I was going to surrender and take it to the dealer who is 45 minutes away, but they are overbooked and cant get it in until next week. Any help is much needed.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:50 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably need to give a little bit more information, so someone may be able to look it up for you. Information likes, your bike model, TSSM model (part #).
Do you have a PIN? FOB?
Just my 2 cents!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:56 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bas = bank angle sensor. Your bike does have one. I'm pretty sure the side car code you mention is for the 07 and earlier codes. For the newer ones (like the one in you sig, which I am assuming you are trying to install the security system on) B1153 is bank angle sensor high.

I haven't seen the marrying process on here you mentioned. I have only used the digital tech to mate up the TSSM and ECM. After it goes through the password learn, you need to set the pin. Without a pin entered the security system will not activate. Once that is done you need to enter the info from the fob(s) otherwise you will need need to enterthe pin manually everytime you start the bike. I don't know about your dealer but where I used to work they only charged 30 minutes for this type of install, which isn't bad since the password learn process can take up to 10-15 minutes by itself.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks RKKY. I actually went to the dealer yesterday and told them I just wanted to marry the tssm and program fobs. Unfortunately they were extremely busy and the manger came out and said it would take about 30 minutes but the tech was hooked up to another bike and that was the only one they had. Here is the process I was trying to use. This is for my sig bike 2009 flhx. Again thanks for your help

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...stall-faq.html