Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambiant Air tEmp guage problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:56 AM
dailydriver
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced mine with a tweeter and the voltmeter is gone on the otherside...Harley give you a bunch of fluff...Sometimes it's what you take off that makes your bike better not what you put on...Are you going to look at an oil temp guage anymore than you looked at the air temp?

Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wanted to do the oil temp guage conversion but when i was looking at it , couldnt find the guage to match the limited guages. anyone have any luck with that?

thx - tin

Old 06-22-2010, 07:39 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I've had mine in since day one and cant see spending the cash on an oil temp gauge.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Move the sensor so it is not trapped inside the fairing. While still useless it did make mine accurate. (Actually it was accurate before, if you wanted to know the temperature inside the fairing).

Old 06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the gauge "pegging" because the bike has been sitting in the direct sun? My guage used to read either 30, 50, or above 100. Depending on where the bike had been sitting and the time of the year relative to outside ambient temperatures.

FWIW...I made an extension wire for the sensor. Went to the dealer and bought a male and female plug with the associated wire pin thingys. Put some shrink wrap on it to make it look like I knew what I was doing. I think it cost me like $10 but don't remember, I have the receipt around here somewhere with the part numbers. I attached the sensor to the back of the outer fairing skirt (chrome thing attached to the forks below the fairing) with Velcro. The guage actually is pretty accurate, but I wish I could still tell what the temperature inside the fairing is because that must be important in the MOCO's infinite wisdom.

Attached Thumbnails Ambiant Air tEmp guage problem!!!-harness.jpg   Ambiant Air tEmp guage problem!!!-location.jpg  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:08 PM
MNrider
Tourer

Ok, so the air gauge is off, we know the speedo is off and the fuel gauge is off. What's makes you think they know how to make an accurate oil temp gauge? LOL.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:27 PM
oscarg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by piasspj
Move the sensor so it is not trapped inside the fairing. While still useless it did make mine accurate. (Actually it was accurate before, if you wanted to know the temperature inside the fairing).
That is what I was going to say. It's accuate but use less info. I am
sure they have one becuse GWs have one. But there's don't tell you temp
in fairing.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
NoKenDo
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MNrider
Ok, so the air gauge is off, we know the speedo is off and the fuel gauge is off. What's makes you think they know how to make an accurate oil temp gauge? LOL.
Good point. Go aftermarket.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:58 PM
psychocircus
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MNrider
my speedo is dead on. set cruise at 69 mph, confirmed by the state trooper who wrote me the ticket. 69 in a 55. im wanting to have the gas gauge calibrated

Old 06-22-2010, 08:04 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just changed it out to a oil temp gauge
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-at-end-3.html

Quick Reply: Ambiant Air tEmp guage problem!!!