Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Grips for TBW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Clump
Tourer
Received 198 Likes on 55 Posts
Unhappy Leather Grips for TBW?

I hate the factory grips. Hated them on the '96 Road King and still hate them on the '10 Street Glide. In the past I used MoCo leather grips, but they don't have them for the newer throttle by wire setup. Checking the aftermarket I can't find any leather grips for TBW! Hopefully somebody here has found some.

Currently running some MoCo rubber grips and they are better than stock (did I mention that I hate the stock grips), but still not great. I have big paws and these grips are too small and the rubber is kinda gooey. Love the feel of leather and hoping to find some, or even some covers that don't include fringe or sprinkles.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can try these make sure you call and tell them throttle by wire http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAC-B...Q5fAccessories

Old 06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Clump
...Love the feel of leather and hoping to find some, or even some covers that don't include fringe or sprinkles.
FWIW, you could wrap your current grips in leather.

Visit someplace like Golfsmith for the leather...even comes in different patterns and colors.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
LeeP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try SAC main website
http://www.coolsac.com/Browse.aspx?category_code=GRIPS
Hrlyrider turned me on to them. I love them and have gotten many compliments and questions on where I got on them. They are fatter and cushier than stock. Come in many different styles and colors. I bought the braided laser red to match the bike. Easy to install. Took them a few weeks to make mine but worth the wait. I called to order them to make sure they knew they were for TBW.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:18 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i also bought the coolsac grips no more numb fingers mine are black and red braided with the clutch and brake levers matching.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Clump
Tourer
Received 198 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeP
Try SAC main website
http://www.coolsac.com/Browse.aspx?category_code=GRIPS
Hrlyrider turned me on to them. I love them and have gotten many compliments and questions on where I got on them. They are fatter and cushier than stock. Come in many different styles and colors. I bought the braided laser red to match the bike. Easy to install. Took them a few weeks to make mine but worth the wait. I called to order them to make sure they knew they were for TBW.
Thanks a lot! I knew you guys would come through.