Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never ending repairs,when does it stop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:23 AM
c50plus
|
Tourer
Default Never ending repairs,when does it stop.

Maybe I am venting but since I bought my 08 UC brand new two years ago I have had a long list of issues that I have had to repair. Mostly minor issues ( but lots of them)with the exception of loosing power twice on the highway (limp mode). Regardless, all these minor things had to be fixed on way or another. This weekend I repaired a broken clamp that holds the Rinehart pipes (second time it happens). After I fixed it I said to myslef , I love this bike and hopefully no more fixing for a while. Went for a ride and then noticed that the front runing light was out and the volume **** had fallen off. When does it stop. How could you design a volume **** to last only two years?

I just want to be riding and not spending so much time repairing. Maybe it is that I have put 30K in two years? Love everything about this product except its quality. HD is a brilliant company, the bikes are like a drug, once you get hooked you are in for an expensive and frustrating ride. Otherwise I love riding this machine. Sorry if I offended anyone. Maybe I should not complaint here but these bikes are too much fun to ride and I am frustrated because it is a non stop thing with the repairs.

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:31 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member

I believe you need an exorcism on you bike. I believe you have picked up a gremlin and need to have it removed.

Have a friend give you a gremlin bell immediately. If you have one, its likely full and in need of replacement.

Seriously.
Sorry for your problems, most Harley's do not have this many issues. Was your bike built on a Friday? befofe a holiday?

Hang in there. It will get better.

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:48 AM
rockhard69
Road Captain

I am gald I haven't had any reapir issues on my 07. Maybe yours was assembled after a payday weekend and then still had ahangover.

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:50 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Well I hate to use the term sh*t happens, but unfortunately it does. I can imagine the frustration, but I think that these problems are narrowed down to a few bikes. Once in awhile bikes just have minor problems that add up. If you plan on keeping the bike I would suggest looking into an extended warranty. (I am actually anti extended warranty, but in your case it may be a good idea). Good luck and dont let these problems bring you down.

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:54 AM
c50plus
|
Tourer

Oh yeah, after all the visits to the dealer I bought a 3 year extended warrantie. I am at least hppy to hear that many of you have not had issues. Maybe this is my excuse to trade it in for a 2010 :=)

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:55 AM
Badfinger
Road Master

What volume **** on an 08???

Old 06-21-2010 | 11:56 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Short of sell it and buying a Goldwing, I would know what to tell you. Very few if any repairs on any of my 7 Goldwings.

Old 06-21-2010 | 12:41 PM
cirhere2
Road Captain
Default Harley

the day you stop buying over priced Harley"s, I know its air cooled but you purchase it and you need or most get

air in, breather
tuner
air out, mufflers just to get it to run right
dyno
should have oil cooler
most seat are the shi$s
ambient temp gauge is junk
insturment gauges fog up
stereo is junk
cb sucks
07 and under wobble like a top in corners
alot of poeple have not had any problems but if you read most do

on and on just read the posts
If it wasnt for the nostalgia no one would buy them
flame on

Last edited by cirhere2; 06-21-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2010 | 12:49 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member

cirhere2,

Damn man, proof read your post before you slam. Your intelligence is not shining through.

Old 06-21-2010 | 01:17 PM
mrnone
Road Master

I am right there w u bro.

burnt a hole in the piston, exhaust stud fell off, the tail lite in the tour pak fell off, the bolt to the passenger footboard bracket and suspension broke in 3 pieces, im rusting thru my second set of mirrors perfect new ones less than 9 months ago are already pitted, the right side floor board just about fell off, gas gauge sending unit is all over the map, every week or so my odometer says "tip" wont reset till you turn off the bike and start over, two dipsticks have turned into bottle rockets never to be seen again got the 3rd one tied down, front legs on my forks look like they are off of a 30 year old bike, my passing lamp bar has completeley rusted all the way thru and almost all of the chrome peeled off, shift lever fell off, shift arm behind primary wallered out can't be tightened 12 dollar part 200 dollar fix, gas lid rattled so much i couldn't hear the radio replaced whole console, all four fairing brackets broken and replaced, fuel gauge is crazed needs replaced can't hardley read the incorrect readings, 7 back tires. I know there is **** I have forgotten too...

52000 miles on my bike got it a year ago with 25000 on it.
but im not bitter one god@mn bit....
what a piece of **** and I am a total loser for spending all my money on it.

Quick Reply: Never ending repairs,when does it stop.