Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never ending repairs,when does it stop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010 | 10:57 PM
valleybuck
Tourer

You have a string of bad luck,Maybe you got it all taken care of and that will be the end for awhile.Good luck.

Old 06-22-2010 | 11:20 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Honestly, I think you should go buy the wing and be done with it.

BTW, asking a DEALER what he will give you for a bike, (not even trading it in towards another) and then griping about it "not holding its value" is pretty lame. Did you really expect a dealer to give you a good price? Did you really expect him to give you high book value plus full price for all your add-ons so he could take a loss re-selling it?

I hope that your Honda turns out to be the perfection you seem to think it will be. Personally, I've spent enough time reading Wing forums (was very strongly considering buying one at one point...twice) to know otherwise. They are a great machine. They are no more perfect than any other machine. While your sitting there all steamed about your radio's volume switch going out, take a look at the 4 years running of recalls on Goldwings because THE FRAMES WERE BREAKING! Not only "holy ****, my frame could crack" but it took them FOUR YEARS to resolve it! (hopefully?) My Honda VTX1800 had more mechanical problems than ALL of the other bikes I've owned, COMBINED. Imagine that. And I though Honda's were bulletproof.

Please get a picture of your face for us when they tell you it will be 2 hours labor to change the air filter on your Wing.

Im sorry you've had the problems you've had. From what I recall from your other threads, I would categorize most of them as being irritating, but not major. I cant blame you for being pissed. I just hope for your sake your Wing will be all it seems you think it will be. I've seen far to much evidence to the contrary.

Last edited by flyingace; 06-23-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-22-2010 | 11:38 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by flyingace

BTW, asking a DEALER what he will give you for a bike, (not even trading it in towards another) and then griping about it "not holding its value" is pretty lame. Did you really expect a dealer to give you a good price? Did you really expect him to give you high book value plus full price for all your add-ons so he could take a loss re-selling it?
They ARE holding thier value AT RETAIL, but the dealer aint gonna give you retail, it aint no different than cars.

Check out what your dealer is SELLING used bikes for, selling not advertising. I cant believe how much we sell some bikes for but a used bike with decent miles and some accy's are going for what new bikes sell for stock!

Old 06-23-2010 | 12:11 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hog-doc
They ARE holding thier value AT RETAIL, but the dealer aint gonna give you retail, it aint no different than cars.

Check out what your dealer is SELLING used bikes for, selling not advertising. I cant believe how much we sell some bikes for but a used bike with decent miles and some accy's are going for what new bikes sell for stock!
Exactly. Dealer is going to quote wholesale price, bare bones stock.

Old 06-23-2010 | 12:20 AM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Hmmm. I have 5 Harleys and none have ever had an issue to have the dealer look at. The Softail is an 07 bought in July 06 and has been to Daytona Bike Week. Sturgis three times. Auburn once, J&P three times. My 08 has been to the Arctic Circle and back. The 09 only does local runs. The 010 Ultra and 010 SG both have 1,200 miles and I don't exepect them to have problems.

My son has a 06 Street Bob with 24K on it and he went with me to Alaska with it. It had one fork seal leak and was fixed under the two year warranty.

My impression of HD quality is fantastic.

Old 06-23-2010 | 08:15 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Complaining is something humans do to help relieve stress.Complain away.Maybe ride a bike a little less complicated or better still learn why your bike is giving you so much trouble and learn how to permanately fix them yourself.

Old 06-23-2010 | 09:21 AM
hawg08
Road Master

Originally Posted by rocknrod
Wow, I have had mine since Sept 07 and it hasnt given me a minute trouble.
By the way a Reinhart problem or a problem with an aftermarket part, or a problem resulting from you making changes to the bike isnt a Harley problem.
I will have had mine 2 years on the 28th of this month and, like RR, not one problem! Could be that there's too much "tinkering" going on, if you know what I mean. LEAVE STUFF ALONE!!!

Old 06-23-2010 | 09:55 AM
Alabamaslammer
Tourer

Originally Posted by c50plus
Volume switch is what I meant to say. Althogh I hate the idea, every day I am getting closer to getting a Wing, wanting to ride trouble free and caring less about looks,sound and coolness factor. Gonna fix the new minor problem and wait and see. If it continues I think I will bail out. What a shame cause I really like this bike but I am tired. I thought about trading in for a 2010 but these bikes do not keep the value like they say. Dealer would give me $15.5K but I spent about $27 so far ( that is not counting Harley clothing). That is a $11.5K depreciation in two years. I guess they tell you that when you are buying and the opposite when you are selling.
Sounds like you should buy a goldwing then!

Old 06-23-2010 | 10:10 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikeySom
Get rid of that dog right away I would have no patience for that 800lb anchor throw it in the river!
sounds like he fished it out of a river and tried to ride it

Last edited by carpetride; 06-23-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-23-2010 | 11:47 AM
crusader1xxx
Road Master

"I personally believe that motorcycles have become far too complicated. I say throw all this post epa **** back to them and get back to basics.Part of the beauty of motorcycling is that it was so simple.efi,02 sensors, one cylindar shutting down,computers,keep all that **** for your Prius."

I completely agree with this statement....my rides, 1978 1/2 FLH, 87 Softail, 98 Superglide, 2001 RoadGlide and my newest bike 1998 Roadglide. The worst bike was the 2001 twincam piece of crap, all electrial problems, sold it stright away and my buddy who bought it had nothing but electrial problems, the guy he sold it to also had electrial problems...some times you get a lemon...my 98 is the best bike I have ever owned..bone stock though..EVO all the way....

Quick Reply: Never ending repairs,when does it stop.